1

a/n: been working on this story for a few months and thank you roxktsas for the name suggestion!!

Jaydens Pov:

"Hey JJ." Ruby walks into my office with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey." I slightly return the smile, she sits herself down on the chair opposite me. I continue typing into my computer, trying to ignore her eyes burning into me.

Ruby is a tech engineer here at SMI (secret military intelligence). Meaning she deals with computers, stuff I don't understand and probably won't ever make an attempt to understand.

She's also very touchy with me. Actually, clingy is a better word. Even though we had some sort of a thing once, and I mean only once. We only hooked up, I don't think it even meant anything to her. I don't have anything against her, she's a nice person but we do need to keep this professional or we both will be fired if my boss finds out.

"You need something?" I ask while grabbing some printer paper from the draw. "Nope." she replies and makes herself comfortable. "Uh, okay then."

I take off my suits jacket since it was getting hot now that it's summer, and re-adjust my tie. Ruby looked up at me with wide eyes, looking down my shirt and then to my pants. "What? Something on me?" I ask looking down at my shirt for any stains. "No..." She gulps and her cheaks turn a bright shade of red. Her eyes stop at my arms, probably the first muscles since I have to work out a lot for this job. How can I do my job without working out?

I get up from my seat and walk over to my printer, and place the plain papers into it before sitting back down.

"You know, I was thinking." Ruby begins and I internally sigh. "Mhm" I hum while reading my emails. I don't really care about what she has to say at the moment. "If you wanted to go out? Like grab a coffee or...?" She waits for me to answer. If I'm being honest, I didn't really want to. Sure call me a dick, but I'm not really fascinated by the idea of dating. But that might change when I find the 'right one', and Ruby definitely isn't.

"Uhhh, Ruby-" I was cut off by the sound of 3 loud knocks on my glass door. It was my boss.

"Jayden!" She calls for me and signals for me to meet her in her office. I nod in reply.

I turn to Ruby, "Sorry, I gotta go." She looked like she was going to say something but instead she nodded her head. Without grabbing my jacket, I slightly jog out of my room and into my bosses.

I knock on her door and open it a few seconds later.

"You needed me, boss?" I ask shutting the door.

She looks at me. "Where's your jacket?"

"In my office." I reply and she nods. She motions towards the big screen on her wall before typing away onto her computer.

"Axel Rider, also known as A.R. Stupid right?" She chuckles before continuing, "One of the worlds biggest drug lords. You and your new team need to search for him. Examine his every move, do not let him out of sight once you've found him. And when it's time, arrest him. Unless you need to protect yourself of course, do what you want I don't really care." She winks and turns to face the huge screen. It displayed a middle aged man, in a full black suit with a few of his personal information on the side I need to keep in mind for this case.

"This is him?" I ask, crossing my arms and taking a good look at the image. This picture was clearly taken years ago. He was wearing a suit, had a little bit of hair, kinda thick eyebrows, thin lips, pale skin, large brown eyes and a brown beard.

"Yes, more information about him will be sent to you soon. But first, the team I've set up." She claps her hands with joy.

"Team? You know I prefer to work alone." I knitted my eyebrows and she chuckles, she walks closer to me.

"Well Jayden, sometimes you don't get what you want in life." She says and my jaw slightly drops, I was joking... "Sorry." I mumble and take a step back.

"We have new agents on our team, many join and many resign. Like it or not Jayden, they also need to work. Even though you are the best agent here, this is probably the only one you won't be able to do alone." She spoke honestly and I nodded my head. She was being serious, more than usual, so this meant I had to give my all.

"Who's my 'team' then?" I walk up to a wall and lean up against it.

"It'll be just 3 of you." She begins to type something onto the keyboard before facing the big screen on the wall again.

"First, Lena Steinfeld." She presses onto a key and then the display changed into her basic information.

"24 year old female, brown hair brown eyes, 5'4, seems innocent but she's feisty. She can't do all of the big stuff so leave her to the computers and she'll go on from there." She chuckles and begins typing in something else.

"Next is Angelina Jones, also known as Angel. 28 year old female, light brown hair, fair skin, 5'10, real sweetheart but don't get on her bad side." She sternly warns me.

"Yeah, I know. Worked with them both a couple times before in the past, we're kinda close." I shrug and she slumps her shoulders.

"You could've told me that before we wasted precious time!" She rolls her eyes and walks back over to her desk.

"Like I said before, information will be sent to you soon. However I do have a few more things I want to talk about."

"Hm?" I hum and focus back onto her.

"First, Ruby." She simply states and I start to get nervous.

"What about her?" I somehow manage to not stutter. Does she know?

"That girl is trouble, you should know that by now." She says.

"...She seems alright." My eyes wonder around the room and she snaps her fingers in my face, my eyes land back onto hers.

"Secondly, Axel has underground bases and factories where he supplies, makes and stores his drugs. They could be anywhere, and I mean anywhere. They could be in Antarctica and it could be right infront of you and you wouldn't even know it. Most of your time on this case will be trying to figure out where they are and the rest is actually going to them, you can expect them to be extremely dangerous. I trust you with this one Jayden, dont fuck it up." She sternly speaks and my eyes widen.

She clears her throat, "I never said that by the way." Then begins to shoo me out of her office.

"You'll begin soon, be ready."