7

Jayden's Pov:

I texted Ariana my address but I'm not sure if know she'd actually come or not.

As I'm going through files of Axel in my home office, someone rings the doorbell. I ignore it at first because I didn't want to ruin my concentration, completely forgetting the fact it could be Ariana at the door. A few more knocks follow. I groan and get out of my home office and head to the front door. I look out my window, it's dark as fuck. No cars could be seen and I could feel the silence outside.

I reach the doorknob and open the door to the outside. It was Ariana. Oh shit, I thought. I forgot.

"Hey." She says looking into my eyes. She was in a large shirt under her jacket with some sweats, holding tightly onto her keys with her hand and in the other was her phone.

"Hi." I reply, amazed that she's standing here.

"Can I..." She seems nervous, she shook her head. "Is your offer still up?" She asks hopefully. I stay silent, I didn't really hit me.

After she notices my silence she speaks up again, "This was stupid, I shouldn't of come, I'm sorry." She rambles and turns around back to her car. "No, wait." I stop her by gently grabbing her arm. "Yeah, of course."

"You sure?" She asked uncertain that I wanted her with me, but she didn't seem as nervous anymore. "Of course." I insist. She still seemed unsure. I smile warmly and she soon returns one. "Thank you."

I let her walk in before me and I shut the door after her. "Lemme hang that up for you." She gives me her jacket and I hang it up on the coat hanger beside mine.

"You want anything to drink?" I ask, trying to cool her nerves down. "You got any champagne?" She breaths out a laugh while looking around my kitchen. "I do actually." I pull out two bottles and her eyes widen. What can I say? I have great taste in champagne. "Which one?"

"That." She points to the bottle in my right hand. I nod and place the other back where it belongs. It probably wasn't smart of me to drink the night before work, but I won't drink much. What harm can it do?

I pour the drink in two champagne glasses and pass one to her, "Thanks."

"Come." I nod to the side and walk into the living room, she queitly follows after me.

I take a seat on the couch and she sits beside me, sighing. "You good?" I ask as she takes a sip from the glass.

"Considering there might be a drug factory underneath my house and I had no clue, I'm doing great." She sarcastically smiles and I breath out a laugh.

"Where are your dogs?" I ask. "They're with my mom for a few weeks. I can't have them in the house for a while."

I nod and take a sip from my glass. "Nice house by the way." Ariana says, admiring the place. "Thank you." I smiled. It wasn't the biggest house on the market, but it did have several unnecessary rooms so I guess it is kind of big. "You want a tour?" I ask and she eagerly nods her head, making me laugh. After a quick tour and more conversations, we make our way back to the couch.

"I like your natural hair." I compliment, she had her natural curls out. It suits her well. "Thank you." She says, her cheeks turned a little red but she turned her head around probably trying to hide it.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask and she nods. "Can we watch Harry Potter?" She asks and I chuckle. "Are you still obsessed?"

"How can I not be? They're the best movies out there." She tries justifying her point. "No it's not." I say in a duh tone. "You kept refusing to watch it with me, you wouldn't know." She shrugs, taking another sip from her glass. "And... I'll try to stay awake this time." She smiles cheekily. She always fell asleep when we used to watch movies together, even if it was one of her favourites she'd still manage to fall into a deep sleep.

"Whatever you say," I reply not believing her. "We'll watch a few of the movies and I'll decide whether I like them or not." I say. "Yay! Trust me you'll love it." She exclaims as I turn on the first movie.

After a few hours into the movies, I started to enjoy them. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

"Never thought I'd say this but this is actually interesting." I admit to Ariana while keeping my focus on the screen.

I felt a light weight on my shoulder and turned to face it. She had fallen asleep. I let out a soft chuckle, remembering how she said she wouldn't fall asleep and gently reached over to the remote to shut the tv.

Without waking her up, I carried her upstairs and placed her softly onto my bed and under the covers. I got ready for the night and walked into the guest room to let Ariana have a good sleep.