9

Jayden's Pov:

3 days later...

"So... is Ariana still staying at your place?" Lena teasingly asked. I rolled my eyes at her and continued typing on my computer. "So she is?" She asked again. "No, she isn't." I replied, not looking up at her.

"Wait why not?" She asked, sitting up straight, panic evident in her voice.

"Because she isn't..?"

"But why?"

"Because she isn't..."

"Ugh, you're so annoying." She threw her head back in frustration. "How am I the annoying one?" I chuckled.

"Because-"

"-Hey JJ." Ruby walked in as if she was invited, like usual.

"Hey..." I force a smile. She sat down on the chair opposite my desk. "I'm gonna go... Message me if you need anything Jay." Lena walks out before I had the chance to beg her not to.

"Are you busy?" Ruby asked, straightening her dress. "Yeah, kinda-"

"Like I said the other day, you wanna grab some coffee?"

"You didn't even let me finish." I chuckled. "And I'm kinda busy right now."

"Okay that's fine! We can go after you're done with all the work you do. I still don't understand why though." She relaxed back.

"Because it's my job." I scoffed and took a sip of my water, she's always seen work as 'a choice'. So she rarely gets anything done and I have no idea how she hasn't been fired yet.

"Whatever, why do work when you can do me instead?" She said confidently, straightening her posture m.

I almost chocked on my water, "W-what?"

"You heard me," She got up and walked closer to me. "For old times sake." She was right beside me now.

"I already told you, that was a mistake and we agreed to never mention it again." She placed her hand on mine, which I slowly removed due to discomfort. If this got out to anyone we could both lose our jobs, she knows that and I don't understand why she's always pushing it.

"Oh JJ, I know you enjoyed it." She whispered, which made me even more uncomfortable. I could feel her breathing on my neck.

"Ruby-"

"Hi! Oh- sorry. I didn't know you were.. busy." Ariana walked in with a box in her hand, but stopped once she saw me.

"Oh, hey." I quickly got up from my chair. "Sorry, I can come back another time." She said, almost like she was sad.

"No it's okay, Ruby was just leaving anyway." I turned to her and she rolled her eyes. "Who's this babe?" Instead of taking a hint, she walked up to me and held onto my arm and rubbed it slightly.

"Oh, she's your girlfriend?" Ariana awkwardly asked, playing with the keys in her hands. She'd always do that when she was upset or nervous.

"Yes I-"

"No she isn't." I removed her hand off my arm. "Can you..?" I signaled for her to go. She rolled her eyes again and stormed out.

"I'm sorry about her, she just doesn't seem to ever take a hint." I nervously chuckled. "What do you mean?" Ariana asked tilting her head.

"It's a long story, for the record, she isn't my girlfriend."

"Oh, okay." She smiled, her cheeks also went red?

"I made you some cookies, chocolate chip, still your favourite?" She gave the box to me. I opened it. "Yeah, still my favourite." I smiled, looking at the glory that's in my hands.

"It's just a little thank you for letting me stay over and everything else." She smiled, continuing to play with her keys. "Really, it's no big deal. You can stay over whenever you'd like."

She nodded, "Thank you, try one." She eagerly said, on her tiptoes.

I took out one and tried it. "Holy shit, this is amazing. Thank you Ari, you need to make me these more often." I covered my mouth while speaking. These were honestly the best cookies I have ever tasted.

"I could show you how to make them, if you'd like?" She hopefully asked, spinning on her heels.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I smiled, finally swallowing it down. "Are you free today?" I took another bite before answering.

"Uhh. I just have a few more things I have to finish up here, after that I'm done for the day." I smile. "You can come to my place if you want." I suggested and she nodded. "Yeah just text me the time."

I nodded, "Okay."

"You have a little, wait," She lifted her hand to clean the crumbs on my face.

"Thanks." I smiled, she and looked away, her face was red again. She was definitely blushing.

"I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, bye Jay." She hugged me, which I gladly hugged back before she left.

I heard the door open again, "JJ! What the fuck?!"

Oh god.