8

Ariana's Pov:

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, on a bed with covers pilled up onto me. I pull them off and my eyes instantly squint at the bright lights shinning onto my face.

"What the fuck..?" I mumble as I look around the neatly organised room. This is Jayden's room, I thought. Of course, she must of carried me up here after I fell asleep. Surprisingly, her room was tidy. No shade, she was always the messiest out of the both of us.

I get up and make her bed for her, even though her room makes her seem organised, I still doubt she makes her bed in the morning. She never did.

"Morning sleepyhead." Jayden smiles at me as I walk into the kitchen, where she's making breakfast. "Good morning." I reply with a lazy smile. The smell of pancakes instantly hit me and I break out into a larger smile. "Still your favourite?" She asks and I nod. I sit down on a chair and she places a plate in front of me. I look down, "Blueberry?"

"Yup." She nods. My cheaks went red, "You remembered?" I ask a little shocked. "Of course, it was the only thing you had for breakfast." She joked, though it might've been true.

After we ate, I offered to do the dishes since she let me stay over but she refused so I gave in.

"Shit, I'm gonna be late for work." She says while checking the time. "You need anything?" She checks, looking back up at me. "Can I shower here and borrow some clothes?" I shyly ask. "Yeah of course, you can pick out anything you need." She replies with a smile and I gratefully nod, "Thank you."

After saying bye, she left in no time and I took a shower. I took a hoodie, which was way too big for me, and a pair of basketball shorts, which fit fine, and is comfy.

I also voluntarily did a little cleaning, even though her room was tidy, the rest of the house was not. After I called my mom to see how the dogs were doing but Courtney interrupted.

"Hey mom can I call you back?" I ask her as she moves her phone away from the dogs and her face comes into view. "Of course honey." She smiles as she looks at me. After we both say our goodbyes I accept Courtney's facetime request.

"Heyyyy." She says as her face pops up. "Hiiii." I reply. Her sparkle in her eyes disappear when she began squinting, "Oh my god..." She face drops. "What?"

"You're actually at Jayden's house?!" She squeals like a little girl receiving a barbie doll house for her birthday. "Yeah... I didn't wanna be alone last night." I shyly admit and look down.

"So you went to Jayden's house because you were lonely?" She slowly speaks eyeing me. "If you put it that wa-" I'm cut off.

"-Did y'all kiss? Fuck?" She smirks sitting up on her bed.

"No, Courtney." I groan frustratedly at her stupid questions. "What? Why not?" Her smirk turns into a frown. "Because I don't see her like that, and neither does she." I look down and play with my hair.

"Then why do you look sad?" She asks quietly. "I'm not sad, I'm just.. tired." I reply and she hesitantly nods.

Why am I even acting like this? It's not like I even care if she likes me. We're just friends and I'm just a little confused, not a big deal.

Me and Courtney talked for a while before she had to get going. Since it was only 2pm, and I didn't know when Jayden would back, I decided to leave and head over to my moms house to see how my dogs are doing.

Jayden's Pov:

"Hey JJ." Ruby walks into my room as if she was invited. I sigh, "Ruby I'm bus-"

"JAYDEN!" Angel busts open the door making me and Ruby jump a little. How didn't the glass break?

"What?" I ask, slightly annoyed at the interruption from both people. She looks between me and Ruby, "Um- we have a new lead."

"Sorry, I gotta go." I faked a smile as I quickly walk out with Angel. "Thank you." I sigh out and she nods while chuckling , "No problem."

We walk into our bosses office to see Lena already there. "Alright." My boss begins. "Just a couple hours ago, Axel was stopped around..."

As she continues to talk, my mind drifts away and I don't pay any attention. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out to see what it is.

Ari: hey! i don't know when ur shift ends so i decided to go check on my babies. again, thank u for letting me stay over :)

Even though it kinda sucked that she left,

Me: it's no problem, u can stay over whenever u like. say hi to ur mom for me!

"Who are you texting?" Lena whispers, trying to peak over to see my phone. "No one." I lie and try to stuff my phone back into my pocket but she grabs it. "What are you doing?!" I whisper yell, boss had her back turned to us.

"Ariana?!" She asks looking at the name. "What are you guys doing?!" Angel joined in, of course whispering.

"She stayed over at your house?!" Lena asks. "Give it back." I took it out of her hands. "Who stayed over at her house?" Angel asks, completely oblivious.

"Ariana." She looks up at her and replies.

"Great, thank you Lena." I sarcastically smile at her. "Ariana stayed the night?" Angel asks.

"Yes. Didn't you hear anything Lena announced to the world."  I put my phone in my pocket.

Before she could answer, there was a slam on the table, of course it was boss. "What are you guys arguing about?" She sternly asks. Our heads jerk up. "Ariana stayed- Ow!" Lena yelps in pain, I'm guessing Angel stepped on her foot to keep her from spilling. I look down, I was right.

"If the three of you are going to act childish when working on this case, I'm more than happy to give it to someone else-." She crosses her arms. "-Someone who is trusted." She finishes.

"Don't worry boss, that won't be necessary." Angel smiles politely which makes boss nod. "Now, where were we?"