10

Jayden's Pov:

"Wait, you bought everything?" I asked Ari, who had just walked into my kitchen with a few bags.We were going to make those amazing cookies like she said.

"Yep, thought it would've been easier." She smiled showing her cute dimples.

I was excited the whole day, I even finished the cookies she bought for me after Ruby accused me of cheating on her once Ariana had left. I just sat there ignoring everything she was saying while taking a few bites from the cookies.

"Shall we begin?" I asked in a posh British accent and put my hand out for her to take. "We shall." She grabbed it while giggling.

-

Arianas Pov:

"They should be done in about... 12 minutes." I said to Jayden who was right beside me.

"I wanted to ask something, about my house and the investigation." I turned around to face her. "Yeah?" She replied taking a seat on the stool.

"How long would the whole thing take?" I asked, walking a little closer to her.

"Umm, I can't give you an exact date."

"Would it be weeks? Months?"

"I'm not sure Ari, but it won't be more than 6 months."

"So it could be 5 months?"

"Why are you asking?" She asked, getting up so she was right infront of me. "Because I want to be able to stay at my house, safe." I replied.

"Like I said a million times, you can stay with me and you'll definitely be safe here."

"I don't want to bother you with my dogs and stuff..." I mumbled.

"You won't be bothering me, you know that. Plus, I love the dogs." She smiled, which melted my heart. I loved seeing that smile, you could be in the shittist mood and it'll make you forget about all of your problems.

"You sure?"

"Of course."

"Okay, I'll stay with you." I sighed with a smile, giving in. "If that's okay with you?"

"Ari." She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Okay okay." I giggled and hugged her.

-

Jayden's Pov:

I offered Ari a ride to her moms house to go get her things and the dogs. Since Nonna and her mom were there, I thought it would be a great time to see them again after years.

"Jayden? Is that you?!" Joan, Ariana's mom, squinted her eyes trying to figure out if it was me. "Hi Momma!" I got out of the car, making my way towards her. I've always called Joan momma, so it wasn't a big deal saying it now.

"Oh my god, I've missed you so much!" She pulled me in for a hug, "I've missed you so much too." I smiled as we both pulled away. "Mom! Come out and look who's here!"

"Is Nonna here?" I excitedly asked, Nonna was my ride or die. We had the best times together.

"They better be worth my time- Oh Jayden! It's you!" We both ran up to eachother and she pulled me in for the tightest hug I have ever gotten.

"I've missed you so much! Especially these arms." She squeezed my biceps with a smirk which make me chuckle. She's always been flirty with me, I didn't mind since I knew it was all a joke we had together.

"Okay Nonna, that's enough." Ariana pulled me over to her. "I'm gonna go grab my things from upstairs." She told me and I nodded. She went into the house leaving me some time to catch up with Momma and Nonna.

"So Jayden, hows everything? I didn't know you lived in LA." Joan began. "Yeah, I had to move here for work."

"Still that spy stuff you do?" Nonna stood beside me. "Yeah." I chuckled.

"How's your mom?" Joan asked. "She's great, she still lives back at home. She refused to move anywhere else." I laughed, my mom loves our home in Florida and I don't think she'll ever sell it.

"Enough with the boring shit." Nonna nudged me. "Mom!" Joan said shocked, Nonna rarely swears but when she does it's funny.

"You got a new girlfriend?"

"No I do-" Joan cut me off. "Mom don't make her uncomfortable, you don't have to answer sweetie." She turned to me. "No it's okay." I chuckled.

"What?" Nonna dragged out and continued speaking. "She has this glow, like she met someone she likes."

I could see Joan got intrigued by what Nonna had just said. "Umm, no. I haven't met anyone." I awkwardly chuckled. What I said wasn't entirely a lie, I hadn't met anyone new. Just reconnected with an old crush. Old feelings may or may not have come back.

"So it's someone you've known for a while?" Nonna went on like she was reading my mind.

"I got my stuff." Ariana said before I could reply to Nonna. "Let me help you." I grabbed her bags and placed them in the back of the car.

I don't know if Ariana heard the conversation we were having, but it looked like her mood changed.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

"We're not done talking about this, I want to know who the lucky girl is." Nonna winked at me. "She doesn't have to tell us if she doesn't want to." Joan stopped her but Nonna ignored her and continued.

"I wanna know who my competition is."