4

Jayden's Pov:

We had arrived at base and decided to go into my office to ask a few questions. I don't think she was lying or anything, but we had to get a bit more background information.

I hadn't been paying much attention to what Angel was asking Ariana. My attention was on her though.

My gaze was interrupted by Lena who harshly stepped on my foot to get my attention. We were sitting on my couch where as Angel and Ariana were at my desk.

"Oww, what the fuck was that for?" I whisper yell, grabbing my foot.

"Pay attention." She whisper yells back. "I am." I lie.

"No you're not, what are you thinking about?" She turns her body to me, continuing to whisper.

"Ariana." I say quietly. She nods her head. "She looks familiar." She spoke

"She's a famous singer, where have you been?" I face her.

"A singer?" She asks and I give her a 'duh' look. "That's stupid." She sits back, resting her head.

"Why would her job be stupid?"

"No, no. I don't mean that. I meant, why would Axel have a fucking drug factory under a celebrities house?" She says and lifts her chin up to face me.

"Oh. I don't know."

"Got any other leads?" I ask and she shakes her head.

Our attention was turned to Ariana when she mentioned something important.

"Actually, I don't know if this will be useful, but there was this guy." She begins and we watch her intensely.

"He will always walk past my house, well more like walk around the neighbourhood and then disappear for hours at a time." She continues, I get up to stand beside Angel and Ariana's eyes locked with mine.

"I don't think he lives in the neighbourhood, I've never seen him before up until recently."

"How long ago was recently?" Angel asks, grabbing her pen to write the information down.

"Um, 3 weeks? The guy would sometimes come with a few other men, but other than that he's alone." She adds.

This guy she's talking about, probably wasn't Axel himself. It must be the guy I saw before we knocked on her door, that wasn't Axel. Axels not stupid enough to walk around alone in plain sight so it must've been one of his minions.

"Was he in a suit?" I ask and she nods.

"You don't think it's him, do you?" Angel asks. "No, he's wanted here. He's not stupid enough to walk around in plain sight where anyone can catch him." I reply.

"Thank you Miss Grande, for your time. We'll reach out to you for anything else." Angel stands up and shakes her hand before walking out with Lena. Leaving me alone, with Ariana. She's letting Ariana go home?

"You guys still haven't told me what's going on." Ariana speaks up, my attention goes back to her. Her eyes showed that she was terrified, it's best we tell her now.

"Right, um." I clear my throat. My heart began racing. What is happening to me? Get your shit back together. "Follow me, I'll explain on the way." I open my door for her.

"We believe that there's a drug factory under your house." I begin and her eyes widen. "I'm sorry, what?" She asks in disbelief. I wouldn't believe it myself either.

"Have you heard of Axel Rider? Also know as A.R.?" I ask and she shakes her head no. "Well he's a drug lord and has been wanted for some time now, and we believe one of his factories is under your house for whatever reason."

"But... why?" She asks confused. "We don't know yet." I reply.

We reach Lena office, where her dogs were. Ariana couldn't take them upstairs with her, if she had, my boss would've killed me.

"Hey babies." She reaches down to them and they started barking. "Shhh, not here please." She quietens them down really fast. Out of nowhere, Toulouse starts jumping all around me and I can't help but pet him too. "He missed you." Ariana spoke up, as she watched our reunion.

"I missed him more." I reply smiling, playing with him.

"I missed you." She sadly spoke, making me look up at her. "I missed you too." I sadly smiled. I really did.

Middle school to high school, I've had the biggest crush on her. A few people told me she did too, but I never believed them. Probably because she's only ever been into boys.

"This is crazy. It's been like... 2 years since we last saw eachother?" She asked, her smile turning into a joyful one.

"Yeah, 2 years." I nod. "How is everything? Sorry, I couldn't ask before." I ask, interested to know how her life had been going. "Everything's perfect. I feel much better now, mentally, emotionally, physically. However, I still need to do some more work." She sighs, it wasn't a sad sigh, it was a sigh of relief. I know her life hadn't been the best these past few years, I'm glad she's doing better.

"That's great." I'm genuinely happy for her. I keep catching myself looking at her, I mean how could I not. She looks like a literal goddess.

"What about you? Still working here?" She asks in return.

"Yep, won't be leaving for a while. Unless they fire me, of course." I joke, making her giggle. I missed hearing that. "Won't even be surprised if they do." She laughs and I playfully slap her arm. To be honest, neither would I.

We stay in a comfortable silence as I continue to play with her dogs for a while. "I should get going." Ariana speaks up, looking at the time.

"You need a ride?" I ask knowing we brought her here. She nods gratefully. "If you don't mind, of course."

"No I don't, don't worry." I smile as I walk to the door, Ariana following after me. "Drive me to Courtney's?" She asks and I nod, feeling a little more relaxed that she isn't going straight home.

"Alright." I reply. I hadn't forgotten where Courtney lives, I missed her too. We all used to be so close, but me and Ari were always closer.

After 10 minutes of catching up a bit more and making jokes, we arrived. "Aww." Ariana frowns. "Everything okay?" I ask looking at her. "No, I had fun today. Well kinda." She laughs and so did I. Under the circumstances, I did too.

"Me too, we should hang out soon." I reply, hoping she'd say yes. I don't want our friendship to be lost again.

"We should, same number?" She asks and I confirm, "Yeah."

"Thank you." She says getting her dogs from the back. "No problem, need any help?"

"Uh, nope. Got it, but thanks." She smiles and I return one. "I'll see you soon?" She asks hopefully.

"Yeah, see you soon." I smile.