6

Jayden's Pov:

Before I went over to Courtney's house, I drove to mine so I could quickly get out of my suit. It was getting really uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to get out of it all day.

I knocked on Courtney's door and heard barking from multiple dogs. Did she get new dogs? She doesn't seem like the person who'd want a bunch of dogs in her house, not because she hates them, but because she can't be bothered to clean up after them.

"JAYDEN!!" Courtney screams as she opens the door. She pulls me in for a hug and I wrap my arms around her. "Hey." I chuckle and we pull away. "Oh my god, it's been so long!" She exclaims and pulls my cheaks as if I was a toddler. "Ow." I groan, chuckling. "Damn, you're still hot." She winks and laugh, "Of course I am." I joke. Ariana walks up behind her and smiles at me. "Hey."

"Hey, you okay?" I ask pulling her in for a hug. "Yeah, couldn't be better." She says sarcastically and let out a laugh.

"You want anything to drink?" Courtney interupts, we walk into the living room. "Nah, I'm good. Thank you." I smile and she nods before walking out. Me and Ariana sit down and Toulouse jumps onto my lap. "Oh, hi." I start to play with him.

I look around and I saw all of her dogs playing around the room, "Are you staying here?" I ask her and she nods, "Yeah."

She could always stay at my house, I wouldn't mind. No wonder why she's staying here at Courtney's house, I wouldn't feel safe if I were her.

"You can always stay at my house if you want." I offer and she smiles. "Thank you for the offer but it's okay"

"No, I won't mind." I insist.

"Alright, I'll think about it." She chuckles.

As time went on, we talked about pretty much anything you can think of. I occasionally caught Ariana looking at me every now and then, but I shrugged it off. We had so much fun, I missed them both, especially Ariana.

"I think I should get going." I announced looking at the time on my phone. I saw Ariana pout from the corner of my eye. "Aww. I was having fun." Courtney sadly said.

"I have work early tomorrow, we'll hang out again." I reassured and Ariana nodded in agreement. "Actually... I was gonna tell you before but I need to go back to Florida tomorrow..." Courtney sighed looking back and forth between me and Ariana. "How long will you be gone?" Ariana asked.

"A while." She mumbled. "Oh." Ariana said.

We walked to the door and Courtney pulled me in for a bone crushing hug. "You're gonna kill me." I joked and she released from the hug. "We'll hang out again soon." She repeated and I nodded my head, "Definitely."

"My offers still up." I told Ariana and she giggled. She pulled me into a more gentle hug, my heart was beating fast. Calm down, I kept repeating in my head but it wouldn't work. "Send me your address." She said and my heart skipped another beat. We said our goodbyes and I walked back into my car before heading home.

Ariana's Pov:

"Why didn't you tell me you were going?" I turn to Courtney. "I forgot." She shrugs. "You forgot?" I groan and she looks at me with an unamused expression. "Yes."

"I'll give you the keys you stay stay here how long you want." She offers and I think. I didn't want to be alone. I could just take Jaydens offer and stay with her, but I didn't want to intrude. But if I do go, maybe we can get closer? I don't know, but I definitely know I don't wanna be alone. "I already have keys."

"Oh yeah, you can stay here then." She smiled.

"What offer was Jay talking about?" She asked. "Oh, she said I could stay at hers till this is all over." I spoke and sat back down, Courtney did the same.

"Okay give me the spare keys." She takes her hands out. I place them in her hands, "Why..?" I question suspiciously. "Because you're staying at her house."

"But-"

"There are no buts, this is perfect!" She excitedly screams. "What's perfect? I ask, completely baffled. "You, staying at Jaydens house..." She nods, wiggling her eyebrows. "Oh- No Courtney, give me back those keys." I snatch them back and kiss my teeth. "Hey! You both get nervous around eachother and it's so cute." She pouts and I stare at her, unamused. "I don't get nervous, neither does she." I stubbornly refuse, alright I may be a little stubborn but it's nothing she can't handle.

"Yeah you do, you stutter and you can't keep your blind eyes off her!" She points out all the details. "How do you know this?" I ask, these are things I definitely wouldn't have noticed.

"I just sit back and observe." She rests back onto the couch, and pats the empty space beside her. This day wasnt going to end...