5

Ariana's Pov:

"Courtney!" I yell as I unlock her front door. She gave me spare keys just in case.

"Oh hey." She smiles at me, "What are you- Oh my god." Her smile turns into a frown when she sees all of my babies run in. "I'm sorry, but I had to see you. Can I stay here for a bit?" I ask hopefully. "Sure, what's wrong?" She asked as we walked into her living room.

"You'll never guess who I saw today." I start off. "Michael Jackson." She says as she types on her phone, unamused.

"Jayden." That was all I had to say for her to focus on me.

"Jayden?! As in Jayden Jayden?!" She screams out. "Yeah, calm down. How many Jayden's do you know?" I laugh out.

"I didn't know she lived here." Courtney says. "Neither did I, she moved here for work."

"I have to see her!" She says.

"I remember when you had a huge crush on her." She teases and pokes my sides. I roll my eyes and look away to stop the blush forming on my cheeks. "Why are you blushing?!" She points out smiling like an idiot.

"I'm not blushing." I turn back to her, trying to keep a serious face.

"You don't still like her, do you?" She asks as she quietens down. I don't, those feelings faded away a long time ago. I never knew if she liked me back, which was the worst part. Having a crush on someone you know they don't like you back sucks ass. However when I did see her, I felt my heart skip a beat. I was speechless.

"No, I guess old feelings came back. That's all." I shrug and she nods, she didn't want to push it.

"How did you get here?" She asks. "Jayden dropped me off." I shrug and take out my phone to kill some time.

"You're kidding me." She whispers. I look up at her with a confused expression.

"What?" I ask. "She was here and you didn't bother calling me down?!" She practically yells. "I didn't know if you were home or not!" I yell back the worst excuse possible. If I invited her in, Courtney wouldn't of let the poor girl leave.

I love our friendship.

-

Jayden's Pov:

"Hey, where were you?" Lena jogs up to me as I walk back into the building. "I dropped Ariana off." I replied and she nodded. We walked in silence but she kept glancing at me which slightly annoyed me. "What?"

"Nothing..." She looks away. I stop and so does she. "Lena." I warn and she sighs tapping her feet.

"We need to go back to Miss. Grandes house." She starts. What's so bad about that? "Okay, so?"

"Since you both know eachother, I was wondering if you can ask for a favour..." She continues but I stop her.

"Depends on what it is."

She stays silent. "Lena?"

"You know that man she was talking about in your office?" She questioned and I nodded. We continued walking upstairs.

"Can you ask her if she can talk to him? Just so we can get answers-"

"No." I stop her. "I'm not asking her that."

"Why not?" She pleaded with a frown.

"Why? Are you crazy? That man most likely works Axel and her trying to get answers will get her killed!" I raised my voice, angry at how she can think this was a reasonable idea.

"We'll be right there, hiding so nothing goes wrong!" She begged. "No Lena." I sternly say.

Ariana will be like a lamb to the slaughter for Axel, there's no way that's going to happen. "Fine." She gave up. "I tried."

"Was this your idea?" I ask, this doesn't seem like an idea she'll come up with. "Yes..." Her eyes wonders away from mine. Not again.

"Was this your idea?" I ask again, but calmly. "No." She gives in. "It was boss. We told her what had happened and she asked me to ask you." She looks down.

I scoff, "Boss asked?"

"Mhm." She hums, "Don't do anything please." She begs quietly. "What about Angel? Did she think this was a smart idea?" I ignored her previous request.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Jayden." She looks up at me. "I won't do anything." I walk into my office and she goes back into hers.

You probably think I'm overreacting. Maybe I am, a little. But that was a stupid request. Making me ask Ariana to risk her life for this when we can easily do it ourselves? No. Besides, I don't want to mix her up in this any more than she already is.

I sit down on my chair and go through some more emails I got sent. As I'm scrolling through them, I get a message from my phone.

Ariana G hey, this is Jayden right?

Me: hey! yes it's me

Ariana G: wanna hang out soon? courtney says she misses u

Me: sure, tell her i miss her too. when?

Ariana G: when r u free?

Me: how about after work?
i'm free then

Ariana G: okay, i'll see you then

Me: seen you soon