Sick (eddie van halen)

You slowly made your way upstairs with a bowl of soup, beginning to hear the strum of a guitar once you reached the hallway. You furrowed your eyebrows, but rolled your eyes with a grin.

You stepped into the bedroom and found Eddie with his beloved guitar on his lap while he was still lying in bed.

"I thought you were still sleeping," you said, "And I thought I put that away 2 hours ago."

Eddie smiled and looked up at you, still tapping the strings of his guitar.

"I can't get rusty on the guitar just because I'm sick," he said.

You took the guitar out of his hands and replaced it with the bowl of soup.

"Eddie, even though you're sick, this is your time to relax and enjoy your time away from the band," you said, pulling up a chair next to the side of the bed.

"Ah Y/N, you're no fun," he said, giving you a cheeky grin while spooning himself some soup.

"Just relax for a bit," you coaxed, softly brushing a few hairs away from his forehead.

"Fine," he gave in. He set the soup down on the side table, "but I don't like feeling helpless watching you take care of me, when I should be the one taking care of you."

"I like taking care of you Eddie," you said, taking his left hand in yours. You gently ran your fingers down his calloused palm and rough guitar fingers. You played around with the silver ring around his ring finger.

"Give me a kiss," he said tenderly.

"Not while you're sick!" You laughed, breaking the loving mood.

"Just kiss me," Eddie said, looking up at you with his hazel eyes.

You leaned down to him and kissed his lips slowly. The kiss didn't break for quite a while, as Eddie pulled you closer to him, wrapping his arms around your back, nearly pulling you into the bed with him.

"Come on," you sighed in a daze, pulling out of the kiss, "I want you to get some sleep so you can feel better, and so you can get back to that guitar playing you eagerly wanted."

"I just started getting used to this," he smirked. He sat up in bed and ran his hand down the side of your face, leaning in to give you another kiss.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He asked mid-kiss.

"I think I do Edward," you replied.

"Let me show you then. Please?" he asked, trailing off down your neck in kisses.

"Show me how much you love me by listening to me," you said, placing your hands on his chest and pushing him away lightly, "and getting the rest I told you to get."

He flopped back down on the bed with a sigh.

"Will you at least stay with me tonight? Don't think I didn't notice when you left me last night," he frowned jokingly.

"Eds, you were coughing up a storm last night! And when you finally fell asleep you were snoring like a freight train!" You exclaimed.

"C'mon, I was a lot better today! I've only been sneezing!" He pouted, eagerly wanting you to join him in bed.

"Alright," you said, he immediately smiled, "just let me get ready for bed then."

"Don't take too long now," he said chuckling, while you walked into the bathroom.

You closed the bathroom door behind you and laughed to yourself quietly. Eddie had no problem making you laugh, and you loved him for that.

You brushed through your hair until it was nice and soft, and you brushed your teeth. You grabbed one of Eddie's old t-shirts and threw it over yourself, just having your underwear on underneath.

You swear you had only been gone for 5 minutes, but once you stepped back into the bedroom Eddie was fast asleep, quietly breathing in and out.

You joined Eddie in bed, slowly so you didn't wake him up. You pulled the covers over the two of you.

You propped yourself up on your elbow for a moment, just watching Eddie sleep. It was a rare sight to see him so peaceful and relaxed, away from the hectic life of a rock and roll star.

You smiled, softly running your fingers through Eddie's hair. You moved closer to him and leaned in to kiss his forehead, nose, cheek, and finally his lips.

He was out like a light.

You curled up next to him and wrapped your arm around his.

"I love you," you whispered into his ear.

You rested your head on his chest. Not long after that, you managed to fall asleep yourself.

-
-
-
Okay, but I actually love Eddie Van Halen and I honestly thought this was really cute 🥺👉👈