thirteen

"Can you come with me? Please?"

"I'm busy"

The Scientist- Coldplay

Heaven- Troye Sivan ft. Betty Who

________________________________

One week later

Jisoo softly sighed as she stepped out from the hall. She just had her hearing and it ended pretty well. She was proven not guilty and her licence's suspension was lifted, she was able to work again.

She took out her phone and sent a text saying everything's fine to Jiwon and then she walked to her car, she still needed to go back to the hospital to meet the dean.

After parking her car at the parking lot, she went up to Taeyeon's office first, after all, it's been a long time since she met her.

Well, it's been a long time since she met everyone. Ever since that incident, Jisoo had never came back to the hospital anymore. Lisa and Taeyeon called her but she just simply answered them and hung up the phone.

People were asking her if she's alright. The truth is, Jisoo thinks that she's in no position to answer that question. She must be fine, how can she not be fine? She's the one who caused all of it. It's not her who's not fine, it should be Jennie who they asked if she's fine.

But, of course Jisoo's not fine. How could she be fine? It was like a secret, a secret which wasn't meant to be a secret but forced to be, suddenly exposed to the person whom you most don't want her to know.

Jisoo was lost. She didn't know what to do. Should she explain? Should she give Jennie a call? Lots of ideas came to her mind but she didn't know which to pick.

So naturally, Jisoo picked the easiest way. She left. That day, after Jennie left, Jisoo left too.

She didn't explain, she didn't chase after Jennie, she just stood there still for some time and then left.

Han Jae was curious, he was confused, but he said nothing. Being a diligent child he is, he knew something was wrong and he knew he shouldn't know about it, so he didn't ask.

Jisoo brought Han Jae back, then she locked herself up in her room. Han Jae was worried, he texted Lisa, asking what happened, but Lisa simply told him that everything's fine and asked him to watched so movies. And so Han Jae did as he was told, even thought he knew something wasn't right.

As soon as Jisoo locked the doors, she climbed in bed and covered herself with the blanket. She always liked being wrapped in thick blankets, she felt safe in in.

Jisoo closed her eyes and tried to sleep, she needed a rest, but the second she closed her eyes, all the past memories flashed back.

It had been a long time since Jisoo got flashbacks, the last time she got one was on a night when she just broke up with Jennie.

Since then, she threw away everything that reminded her of Jennie, because she wanted to cut her clean out from her life. And it worked, not seeing anything that has to do with Jennie anymore really stopped her from missing Jennie.

Slowly but gradually, Jisoo got used of not having Jennie in her life. She went way back to before she met Jennie. She then went to a university, met Jiwon, became a doctor, got married, had Han Jae.

Her life was going great, and Jennie, Jennie was just like a past passenger who came into her life for a while, then left quietly, without any memories or traces left.