𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘩

tuesday
4.55 pm

  I enter Black Fox (this is the cafe name, yes) awkwardly. I don't know how to move with these things. Ugh did i really have to sprain my ankle.

  Sky was already inside and, attracted by the noise, glances at my direction.

  "Athena!"

  Everybody and i repeat, everybody, who was inside stops doing whatever they were doing and crave their eyes on me. Thank you, Sky.

  My cheeks turn beetroot red and i'm sure if you wanted, you could frie an egg on them.

  "Oh God! What happened Thena?" she exclaims, still talking a bit loud, concerned.

  "Sky lower your voice tone, please." i ask embarassed averting the strangers stares.

  "Oh" she blushes "Sorry."

  "That's okay. Let's sit? My ankle is starting to hurt."

  Sky's eyes winden and she hurrys up to help me sit at the table she was previously on.

  "Now tell me what happened."

  I start explaining the events of the previous day, leaving out some thoughts about Ashton.

  "And that's what happened." i glance at her to see her with her mouth open in a O.

  "Did you get his number?" she asks

  I gave her a whole explaination about how i got injured because she was super worried and the thing the gets from it all was if i asked for Ashton's number!? What the hell?

  "Uhm...no?"

  "What!?" Sky kind of yelled, again. "Are you dumb? From what you told me, he's a total hottie and a freaking gentleman, and you didn't ask for his number!?" she lectured with her voice lower.

  "Well, in my defence he didn't ask for mine too..." i point out

  "It doesn't matter! It's the XXI century! Women can do those type of things too!" Sky clap back not getting what i meant.

  "I didn't mean in that way, Sky" i let an exasperated sigh "I meant that he left and didn't ask for my number and, at the moment, i couldn't run to him to ask that, right?"

  "Oh...oh! Sorry." we laugh "But do i sense a crush on mr gentleman?"

  I blush but deny "Of course not! I mean even if i did, which i do not, he wouldn't ever look at me that way!"

  "Why wouldn't he?" a confused Sky asks "You are gorgeous, girl! Of course he'd look at you!"

  "I..."

   "And don't come with that "but i'm not pretty" talk!" she shuts me up "You are! End of discussion."

  I just nod, not wanting to continue this conversation. I know that i'm pretty, what i think it's that there's so many more girls prettier and hot and smart than me.