𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘩

(start the song when i warn u :)

monday
11 am

  I lock my phone for the third time in a row. My focus on the professor's voice a few rows in front of me is long gone, with it only on the device resting on my pocket. I texted Thomas during the free time I had and he only saw, not answering my request to meet at lunch time. I need to talk to him, after my conversation with Skylar and Calum on saturday, my feelings feel more real and the guilt I feel for fooling Thomas is only growing stronger.

  "Athena, psst Athena." I hear someone whisper my name, making my eyes lift from the brightless screen to a pair of blue eyes.

  "Luke? Isn't this class only for the architecture major students?" I whisper back.

  "No, it isn't." he responds confused "Aren't you paying attention?"

  I lock the phone for the 4th time and smile to him, hinting my deconcentration. He chuckles lowly and points to the front of the auditorium where Mr. Harris finish up the lesson.

  "Is he ending the lesson already?"

  "Well, it's 12am, Athena, I think it's time." Luke chuckles again.

  "Omg was I really not paying attention for the whole time? Damn, can you send me whatever notes you have, please?" I ask.

  He nods and we prepare to get up, gathering our belongings from the table, and exiting the room. Luke opens his mouth to talk but is interrupted by my phone vibrating on my pocket.

  I remove it from where it's resting and unlock the device. A new text from Thomas flashes on the screen, confirming his presence at lunch. I sigh in relief, I'm really happy he's meeting with me.

  "Sorry Luke, what did you want to say?" I turn back at the blond guy in front of me.

  "I was going to ask if you want to have lunch with me and Sierra, we are going to Gioseppé's."

  "I'd love to go but I have to meet someone at lunch, I have to get some things right, you guys will know soon." I answer, feeling bad for not telling everything. I just prefer to figure and get everything right before letting everybody know.

  "Hey Athena, it's totally fine, when you are ready you will tell us, but let me know if you need anything, okay?" He offers.

  "I will, thank you Luke." I hug him and he retributes.

  We say goodbye and I make my way to the Black Fox. I settled with Thomas at 1pm and, even though there is still 30 minutes  left for it, I can't wait around at my house as nervous as I am. I step into the little cafe near NYU and sit down in one of the more private tables. I don't want to be the centre of attention while I talk with Thomas.

  After half an hour of waiting and nervously tugging at my long sleeve shirt, Thomas steps into the cafe, spotting me after a couple of seconds. The anxiety rapidly grows inside of me with every step he takes in my direction.

  "Hey Athena." He smiles, leaning to kiss me on the cheek, gesture that I shift, avoiding it.

  He looks at me with a confused gaze on his face and I take a deep breath, asking him to sit down. We both sit and a uncomfortable silence hangs around us, why can't this be easier? I don't want to hurt him, but this is the right thing to do.