𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥

thursday
12 am

  And it's already February. Yes, time is flying by and I'm finding myself at the second week of February. Exam season ended and the results will be known this week, that means either today or tomorrow. I'm betting on today.

  I open the familiar black door and notice right away Snow sleeping next to the window with the sun warming her. I smile and pet my cat, walking to my bedroom after. I put down my bag and remove my notebook and school supplies that I won't need more. Last week I got back to the library and that's making me so happy! Mrs Collins let me not work during January, so I could focus on studying for my exams (it was more like she ordered, but it's okay), and now I'm back.

  I stride to the kitchen to prepare my lunch still immersed in thoughts. Getting back to the library and work really helped me. Seeing Ashton on Calum's party was hard but I did my best to just keep a smile on my face and keep my mind off him for Calum and getting back to work, even though it was the place me and Ashton met, which brought many memories, helped me to keep my mind off him. I can say that I'm happy again. Of course I still miss him, but it has been better, that kiss was one month and a half ago and during that time I barely saw him so, I'm much better than I was one month ago.

  The smell of something burning snaps me back to reality and my gaze instantly drops to the pan in front of me that was boiling over, spilling the sauce on the cooker plate, burning it. I quickly turn it off and watch the sauce descend. I turn it back on to finish cooking and add the pasta. I sigh, hearing my stomach grumble, and pour my pasta with red sauce and basil on a plate, taking it to the counter and sitting on a stool. The 1975 is playing on my record player and I pick my phone, starting to scroll down my Instagram feed.

--------

  The weather got a little bit better over the lunchtime, so I search my wardrobe for something appropriate to the sunny yet freezing cold day. I remove from the mobile a blue turtleneck knitted sweater and put it on, keeping my black skinny jeans and my black leather combat boots. I fix my hair and makeup, after brushing my teeth, and I'm ready to go.

  The walk to the library didn't take more than 10 minutes, as usual, with me pushing the heavy wooden door open and hearing the little bell ring. Mrs Collins is behind the counter and smiles at me.

  "Good afternoon, Mrs Collins." I greet when I approach her.

  "Good afternoon, Athena. How are you today?" I ended up telling her what happened last week, as she found weird that Ashton didn't come to the library as often as he used to.

  "I'm good, today has been a great day so far." And I was being honest, besides almost burning my lunch, the day has been great.

  "I'm glad you say that, honey." She gives me a caring smile "Now, I need you to help some costumers when they need and organize the books in the back of the store, please. Lisa is only coming in two hours today because of a test so, we will be by ourselves for a little."

  I nod and walk to the little room behind the counter, leaving there my bag and jacket. Noticing that no one needed my help, for now, I decide to start organizing the books.

  Some time later, the bell is heard in the front of the library, but I don't give importance to it, as it's probably one more costumer. Lisa arrived 15 minutes ago so, it can't be her. Low voices are heard by me as they come closer to the back of the store. I keep doing my work until i notice the voices more clearly. I was really close to the spot I  love the most in this library and I could distinguish perfectly Ashton's voice there with a feminine one.