𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

friday (december 10th)
12 am

The bell rings and i sigh, this semester finally ended! I get out of the classroom and meet Luke at the door. We walk to the languages building to meet with Ashton, Mike and Crystal, we are going out for lunch.

Arriving there, i see Ashton's red curls and a smile forms on my lips, i've missed him. We haven't been together this past week, all of us haven't been together, due to him having a lot of assignments and work to do so, i'm happy for us finally having time together. The two weeks after the party, we got even more closer and talked all the time. He goes to my place and i to his, we go out for coffee as usual and he continues to visit me at the library.

"Hey guys!" Luke greets everybody and so do i. I turn to Ash to give him a kiss, but he is looking down.

"Hey babe." i call for him but he just mutters a small "hi", never looking in my direction. A strange feeling is born on my chest and my insecurities and uncertainties come over me, once again. Why is he like this? Did i imagine those two weeks after the party? Maybe i was just a fling and this week we were apart made him realize that.

"Athena, are you coming?" i snap from my thoughts to see my friends walking to their cars and i walk to them.

Ashton in nowhere to be seen so, we assumed that he already went to Gioseppé's. I hop on Luke's car and he starts to drive.

"What happened between you and Ashton? You guys were so good two weeks ago."

"I wish i knew, Luke." i sigh "We talked a bit throught texts this week but he only gave me short answers but, you know, i thought that it was because he was busy so, i just brushed it off." Luke nods.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Athena. We all have seen how you two are with each other and how much you guys like each other so, don't worry."

"I'll try not to." he gives me a small smile that i return and, during the rest of the ride, we stay silent, just listening to the music that comes from the car speakers.

The four of us enter the little restaurant and quickly find Sky, Calum, Sierra and Ashton seated on a back table. Ashton is seated at the head of the table so, i just sit besides Luke. Sky shoots me a confused look and I just shrug, trying not to look at her, I knew that she would question what is going on and I don't have an answer for her, as I don't know either.

The whole lunch we talked about the exams month and, mostly, about Christmas break and what each one of us would do during that time and I felt Sky's and Calum's glances my way and I'm sure Ashton felt them too, hell how could them not look? They are the people that most know about my and Ashton's relationship.

"I'm going back to Chicago to celebrate Christmas with my family, what about you guys?" I start, trying to lift the weird atmosphere that hung around us.

Luke and Sierra were going to Australia to celebrate Christmas with Luke's family, Mike and Crystal are going to celebrate with Crystal's family and Ashton is staying here to be with his family.

"I don't know, yet." Sky says "My parents won't be here for Christmas so, I most likely will be alone." I could hear the sadness in her voice and that pains me.

We stay silent for a few moments when a thought comes to my mind, "Sky, you can come with me to Chicago and celebrate Christmas with my family."