𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘩

tuesday
4pm

Ashton's pov

  I sit on a table for two on the usual cafe in front of college. I texted Sophie for her to meet me here and we settled that 4pm was a good time. After my conversation and almost kiss with Athena yesterday, I decided to do the inevitable and right thing and end my relationship with Sophie. As I said yesterday to Athena, I never loved Sophie, hell I don't even like her in a romantic way and I think she knows it because I always tried to avoid kissing her and everything. I get out of my thoughts when the bell rang and the brunette girl steps into Black Fox.

  "Hey." She greets when she arrives the table I'm sitting on.

  "Hey, have a seat." I ask and she sits down in front of me.

  The awkward atmosphere was almost tangible around us so I decide to go straight to the topic and don't stall what I need to say.

  "Sophie, I'm really sorry, but I think we should break up." I almost spit it out and focus my gaze on her, trying to understand what is going on her mind.

  "I know, Ashton." my eyes widen at her answer "I always knew you love Athena and not me, I just kept going what we had because I thought that you could maybe forget her and fall in love with me." she sighs "I'm not mad, you know, I'm sad, though, but don't beat yourself up for it, I'll be fine." She says before I can interrupt her.

  "I'm sorry, Sophie, but my heart belongs to Athena and I can't deny that anymore."

  "I'm happy for you two, you both are amazing people and deserve to be happy and I'm glad that you were able to mend things between you." Her eyes such honesty with her words. She's a good person.

  "Thank you and you are an amazing person too, Sophie, I'm sure you'll find the right person for you." I really wish her the best.

  "Thank you, Ashton." she smiles "I have to go now, I'll see you around? I mean we are in the same class." I chuckle.

  "I'll see you around. Bye." She waves, walking to the cafe door and getting out, disappearing back inside of NYU.

  I sigh, a sigh of relieve. Now there's nothing in the way of mine and Athena's happiness. Knowing that she has forgiven me and that she likes me too makes me the happiest man in the whole planet. I have a plan to make up to her, at least a little, and I think she'll love it, although it will take some time for it, there's still a lot to rebuild until then, but, at least, things are coming together.

------------
friday, may 27th
5pm

Athena's pov

  I throw myself to the small brown couch inside of the small room and snort. I'm exhausted. My shift is almost over, but that isn't the main cause of my exhaustiveness. The final exam season is upon us and what does that mean? That I barely have time to eat in between classes (I only have a couple at this point but that doesn't matter), work and study hours. Ashton and I exchanged a lot of texts, calls and facetime calls in these past weeks that we have barely been together. He comes a lot here to study so that's really good as I can see him often, although we don't talk much.

  "Athena?" Lisa puts her head inside of the room.

  "Yes?"