𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

sunday
11 am

  I zip my bag close and drag it to the living room. Today I'm going back to Chicago for Christmas with Sky. I called my parents yesterday and I let them know that I'm going to bring my best friend to celebrate Christmas with us and my mother was extactic. After all that mess with Lauren and Ryan, my mother was my biggest support and best friend so, I understand why she's so happy.

  "I have everything I need for these two weeks, what about you?" I turn to Sky, that was sitting on my couch scrolling through her phone.

  "I got everything too." She shifts her gaze to me "Are you sure that your parents are good with me coming too?"

  "I've told you, Sky, they are more than okay! Now, let's go because our flight is in 2 hours."

  I put Snow inside her travel box and we load the car with our luggage. After everything is secured, we hop in the car and Sky speeds to the airport. Sky agreed with Ashton for him to come pick the car later so it doesn't stay in the airport parking lot for two weeks.

  We enter the JFK and stride to the departures. We get our tickets checked, our luggage sent to the cargo hold and Snow to the specific pet area. We still have 30 minutes so we pass through security and then take a sit in front of our boarding gate.

  "I've never been to Chicago." Skylar says.

  "Really? Then I'll make sure to give you a tour of the city as you did for me here in New York."

  "I'd love that!" we laugh and a feminine voice starts echoing through the room

"Passengers of the flight 378 please walk to the boarding gate number 5. The flight will departure in 10 minutes."

  We get up and stand in the line. After getting our tickets checked and walking to the plane, we take our sit in the economic area and watch the rest of the people take their place.

  "I hate this part." I mutter under my breath. I hate when the flight attendants start explaining what to do in case of the plane having some sort of damage. This gives me chills.

  "Are you okay, Thena?"

  I open my eyes, I didn't even remember shutting them, and glance at my best friend.

  "I'm okay, I just don't like this explanations. I'm not scared of travelling by plane, but I don't like to be remembered that we are up in the air and we could die if this pice of metal crashes." I let a worried laugh out and Sky nods, understanding.

  The pilot warns that we are taking off and I try to relax, starting to talk with Sky.

---------

  We landed 10 minutes ago and we are now waiting for our luggage. I picked Snow already so, we just need these bags, go through security again and then we can go to my parents place.

  I notice my white suitcase and soon after Sky's blue one. We remove them from the mat and walk to the big men in the security uniform. After a good 30 minutes waiting, it's out turn.

  "Finally! I thought we were going to be in that line forever." I hear Sky's voice mumbling and I chuckle, agreeing with her.