A Xyon?

Once the doctor was finished with Lola, her arm ached, she wrote about her favourite food and was asked about her sexual history. Which, to be brutally honest, was very short. She was shoved back into the waiting room and told to sit back down in her seat, the next process would start soon. Lola did as she was told, gently rubbing her arm to soothe the dull ache. Most of the girls had already been checked, only a few remained at the bottom of the list.

Lola could now see just how real this all was. She knew it was real from the moment she signed the form but sitting there, in the cold plastic chair in a huge warehouse made it hit like a tonne of bricks. The only perk was meeting the aliens which Lola hoped would happen soon. The doctor did say they were moving onto the next step, the next alien step?

Maybe...

But she would have to wait a while to find out yet. She was experiencing the sickly sweet concoction of fear and overwhelming excitement all at once. Her feet were pounding the floor with a rhythm but a smile played on her lips. Lola probably looked mad, but she didn't care. She and the other woman who had signed up would become the first people to be in contact with aliens.

Only one slight problem, however. She had no clue what they looked like. They can't be green little Martians because they were compatible with humans. Maybe they looked like us? Or were they shorter, or taller? How would they sound? Can they speak English?

Lola was rattling out questions in her head about the new species when a loudspeaker over them started.

"Can all women who have been tested line up outside Room B. That's Room B, please." 

Lola was up like a flash with her case in tow. This must be the next step, surely. Despite being the furthest from room B, she managed to get second in line, behind the youngest girl. The door was inconspicuous, just a grey metal sliding door like the entrance. The other girls around her began to murmur, the first time Lola heard them speak. They were all wondering about the 'nest stage' and what it's going to be like. Lola took delight in that this was the first time in a year she had felt a true buzz of joy; excitement. This was one big adventure and Lola was sure up for it.

xxxxx

It had been twenty minutes and they were still standing there. The loudspeaker had remained quiet, the doctors hadn't shown up and the door was still locked. Her feet began to ache with the amount of shuffling she had been doing and the case was the only thing keeping her upright. Lola was starting to get slightly impatient.

And by the sounds of it, so were the other girls. The murmurs had become louder and more distressed. They had started to worry if this had all been a scam, it was just too good to be true. Lola couldn't bring herself to believe that, not after getting herself this excited. Perhaps there was just a delay? Yes, just a delay.

And Lola, for once, was right. 

For no more than 5 minutes later, voices raised from the other side of the door before it was opened completely. All the girls took a step back in surprise, marvelling what was on the other side. It was like an assembly. There were rows upon rows of chairs set up to face a large stage and a long table with leaflets. There was also a large wooden box with many drawers by the stage and from where she was standing, Lola could see all the forms they had filled in the box.

This is the next stage.

The voices that they heard became clear when four clearly human men in black guards wear walked up to the girls, a list in their hands. They stopped a few feet away from the door and began to quickly read the names from their list, not even breathing. No one moved, still stunned as what to do. The guard to the far left sighed before pointing to the front row.

"If your name was read out loud, sit on the front row." he said, his voice completely monotone.

That was when everyone hurried over to the chairs he was pointing at, all trying to grab the nearest one. Lola, not wanting to get trampled, sat a few seats away from the others and dropped her case by her feet. She really didn't know what expect now. The testing by the doctor was nerve-wracking and uncomfortable but now she had entered the unknown. What was next?

Well, aliens of course.

Once the girls had finally settled and silence reigned over them, a door at the back of the room opened. The noise sliced through the air, causing everyone to jump. Lola turned around in her seat completely to see who would enter.

At first, just two men. But not human men. Oh no.

These men were giants in comparison to those on Earth. Both were taller than six and a half feet tall, pure muscle and with a surprising feature - blue skin. Not a bright, electric blue but more washed out and milky. The hair was dark, almost black and their eyes were yellow. A deep pool of golden yellow which could stare through your soul. They marched in unison towards the stadium, not looking at the girls once. The man on the right started to rifle through the draw, shifting through papers until he found the right one.

Holding it in front of him he cleared his throat and spoke.

Yes, an alien spoke. A deep timbre with an accent indescribable. All she could say was it sounded ancient, like it was woven by time itself and spoken by the gods.

"You will be paired with your chosen male. This male will be most compatible with you because of the information provided by the forms. They'll be entering shortly, so please, remain seated."

And all Lola could think was this,

It's beginning.

E

Instagram: ellabunbino