Space travel for two

^Jarvis Cocker will forever be one of my favourites^

"Are you ready?"

Egris' commanding tone wrapped around the corners of the room.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Lola poked her head around the door frame before stepping into the living room, offering Egris a view of her attire.

She wore high waisted straight denim vintage jeans with a yellow, oversized top tucked into the waistband. Egris, like usual, opted for the black Xyon suit.

"It's time to go, then."

He opened the door and held it wide so Lola could pass under his muscular arm.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" 

"Not yet. You'll see." 

With the gentle guidance of his heated palm, Egris lead Lola down the corridor towards the room they first arrived in with the pods. Milling in the open rooms and control panels were the working class of Xyon on board. They wore distinctive blue suits the same colour as their skin and black boots like wellies. 

Egris nodded to them as he passed and Lola offered a timid smile. She hadn't seen many working Xyon's before and tried her best to capture as much information about the work they were doing. It was no use to Lola, but it made her feel more mysterious than she really was. 

The pods were docked onto the metal dish and the tubes connecting each one was glowing a vivid violet like a liquid was surging through them. She strained her ears to hear the soft gush of fluid - hard when the constant roar of male voices clouded the room. 

"It's fuel," Egris stated after capturing Lola staring intensely at the tubing. "From our home planet."

"Will we be taking a pod?"

"We will take a pod but not one of those, a smaller one."

Lola nodded her head slowly as if she knew what the smaller pod was. She didn't.

He started to walk off again and she quickened the pace of her stumpy legs to catch up. They passed all the pods being refuelled and Lola could finally comprehend how grand they really were. During the flight, Lola was too caught up in the alien aspect to admire their transport. It was truly impressive how they managed to ferry people so quickly.

Comparing their pods to human rocketships, Lola felt slightly embarrassed. It was a huge achievement to go the moon but the Xyon's were must likely jumping to and from galaxies by then. 

"Here they are."

She tilted her head to see a small metal sphere with the top replaced with tinted glass. It was half the size of the pods and a row of them were lined up by the wall. They were the same height as Lola standing and the same width if she was lying down. 

"These?" She couldn't help but let the fear etch into her tone.

If he was planning on travelling through space in a tennis ball, Lola may have to speak her mind. 

"They are very reliable craft, trust me."

"I don't know if I do."

He just shook his head and pressed a large blue button by the wall and the top of the sphere popped opened and the same mist seeped out. 

"Care to get in?" He asked calmly and pointed to one of the two seats.

For a second, Lola just stood there. Was he mad? Most likely.