Farmhouse

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am very sorry to say that this is the last TRUE chapter in this story. There will be an epilogue to wrap everything up but that will be it. Thank you once again for all the reads, votes and comments on this story. There will be a vote so people can decide what type story they'd like to read next as I need inspiration XD. 

And that's all from me, onto the story.......

"Alright, listen up everybody!" The rather large and portly Xyon by the window of the main hall called out. 

So far, Lola had only seen men who were fit as a butchers dog and ate as much. This speaker proved blatantly that not all people were made equal - or relatively close. The claim that Xyons aged gracefully was thrown out of the window with one look of that mans face.

But he had shown no signs of being unkind - so that was all that mattered. 

All 20 couples had crammed themselves in the main hall that was much smaller in reality. Their bags were shoved in between their feet and everyone's attention instantly snapped to the direction of the window.

"Lovely. Since I'm sure you all want to rest in your new homes as soon as possible, I'm going to read out the locations. Raise your hand for the property you like. There are 20 in total - one for every pair. Clear?"

The couples nodded their heads and Lola shifted closer to Egris. He raised his arms and wrapped it tightly around her shoulders - drawing them into a strong embrace. 

"We'll get it, don't worry." He murmured into her right ear and it sent a delicious shiver up her spine. 

"Okay let's start this ball rolling! Can you raise your hand if you would like one of the ten properties in the city," He called out and 10 couples put their arms up, "Brilliant."

His chubby sausage fingers moved like a blur over the clipboard as he jotted down the Xyon names. 

"And the nine properties in the town?" 

Eight couples put their hands up, leaving Egris and a warrior in a different division remaining for the farmhouse. He spared the man a quick look and sighed when his face was not recognisable. There was no way Egris can bribe him to pick another house.

"And the farmhouse?"

Suddenly both Warriors flung their hands in the air like two school children competing on who could get picked first. 

"Well, well. There can only be one owner. Can one couple settle for the remaining townhouse?"

Lola studied the strained expression Egris' beautiful face. He was a determined man and settled for nothing less than the best - especially if it was for his mate. 

The girl in the other couple reached up and whispered in her mates ear. He sighed loudly and shifted his feet around the suitcases.

"We'll settle with the townhouse. They can have it." He gestured towards Lola and Egris and the other girl smiled in their direction. 

"That's brilliant then. Egris you'll have the farmhouse and Daut will get the townhouse."

xxx

The farmhouse was only a few fields over from the main hall and Egris said it would only be a small walk. But in human terms that meant an hour-long trudge in the beautiful sunshine. 

At least it would be good for her skin.

They had parted with Julie and Sestru half an hour back as they needed to ride the Xyon version of a train to get to their house. It was a long, cylindrical tube that hovered above one single track and was virtually soundless. 

Unfortunately, Egris and Lola had to convert to medieval transport to reach their destination.

"How long is it?" Lola whined a few meters behind him. 

Despite carrying all the luggage and wearing a skin-tight black lycra suit, Egris wasn't even breaking a sweat. But for Lola, however, it was a different matter entirely. 

The sun was now just an amber crescent waning on the landscape, slowly succumbing to the night but still baked the planet. She was not used to heat in any capacity and the chunky knit jumper didn't help. 

"Not long now." He replied monotonously and studied the distance for a sign of a house, "Look, it's there."

She squinted and followed the direction of his finger. There was a small blob growing in size with every step they took forward. The dust that kicked up with every flick of their heels clouded Lola's vision and caused her to cough ferociously.

"Might want to close your mouth." Egris chuckled.

Lola let out a pathetic growl and ran up to him. Using her combined knowledge of rugby, which was close to nothing, she latched her arms around his legs and used all her force to topple him. It didn't work but to make Lola think it did, Egris fell to his knees.

"Ha!" Lola cried and spread a wicked grin against her face. 

"You thought so." he chortled and grasped her right leg.

At first, she just stumbled, then tripped and before she knew it, landed on her back facing the sky. Egris clambered on top of her with a huge grin claiming his mouth and a scandalous glint in his eyes. 

"Oh, come on." Lola grumbled but was secretly revelling in the sensation of his firm body pressed against hers. 

Egris smirked like the devil and claimed her mouth in one, smooth swoop. She turned into putty in his arms and fell limp onto the path. His warm lips caressed hers sensually yet subtle, ravenous yet refined, loving yet lustful.

Bliss. 

xxx

"God, it's perfect." She breathed as they stood at the front of the Farmhouse. 

It was a two-story, wood-panelled abode with large open windows and doorways. It had an outbuilding fit for keeping animals and the large expanse of land to match. The gold of the crops in the dying embers of light matched the hues of Lola's hair and Egris ran his fingers through the strands. 

"You like?" He muttered, still watching how her hair parted like sand through his hand.  

"I love."

"Good, 'cause it's all ours."

His hand dipped into the side pocket of the suit and searched for the key. Once the smooth metal brushed his calloused fingertips, Egris pulled it out and watched as it glinted in the rays. 

"Home sweet home." he mused.

Well, that's it I guess.