Sestru and Egris

The alien 'mates' varied little in their appearance. Unlike humans, Xyon's had skin and hair all the same shade, the same height and identical clothing. The only thing which distinguished them was the colour of the eyes and the slight differences in the shape of their faces.

Around 20 entered, (the same amount of girls) and formed a line behind the steps to the stage.

Lola's mind worked overdrive to comprehend the sight in front of her. They were here, actually here! As a child, she would lie awake at night and stare at the cosmos through her window, just wondering about what lay beyond Earth. But now she didn't need to wonder as they were mere meters in front of her.

And, she had to say, they were pretty good looking.

Every feature was in place, their face sharp and all angles. It was the beauty that you saw on the front of a magazine in the hairdressers, but with a hint of ruggedness due to the silvery scars. They didn't look extraterrestrial - minus the blue tinge- but then again looks can be very deceiving. Lola couldn't quite believe that one of these men would be her mate. 

"Now, these are the chosen males to represent the Yebi region of Xyon Planet. They are all born warriors, a feature I'm sure you'll appreciate. It is an honour to be chosen for this program on our planet so these males are the best we have to offer. "

The speaker motioned towards the line again, causing everyone's eyes to home in that direction.

"I will call out the females name and the corresponding male will enter the stage. This is simply for recognitional purposes, not an introduction." The speaker said again, looking back at the front row.

All the girls nodded and Lola could feel her heartbeat soar at the proposition of meeting her alien 'mate'. Who would he be?

The first girl to have their name called was Lydia Ashford. A tall girl with red hair and strikingly pale skin weakly raised her hand into the air, effectively capturing the attention of the speaker. The Xyon in the line bound up the steps taking two at a time, something which was easy with his long legs. The man darted his eyes along the row till it landed on the woman and small smile played on his lips. It must've been the first time they had ever seen us as his eyes light up with a newfound joy - the species wouldn't die. 

After he had found his female, the alien left the stage and went to the back of the line, still with a  stupidly dazed grin plastered on his perfect visage. This went on for a while. Each Alien came up, found his mate and wandered to back of the line. Each expression was the same - one of bewilderment, amazement and affection. 

It got to a point where it was just Lola and Julie left on the seats, each of their palms sweating and the butterflies in their stomachs becoming rampant. The two Xyons remaining also looked expectantly at the stage. One looked like the supermodels gracing vogue, the skin a perfectly smooth blue and his hair set back stylish with gel. The male behind him, however, took a rather different approach with his appearance. He was the most rugged of the Xyons without a doubt. 

A short, indigo stubble was growing and his hair had been cut shorter than the rest. But the most prominent feature of the man was a pearlescent scar running jaggedly across his left eye, causing the pupil to cloud over with a milky white. He was built like a brick wall, not an inch of fat in sight. Lola couldn't look away. She tried to convince herself that it was the fact that he was an alien which drew her in. It was partly true, but the man seemed so captivating to Lola for a different reason. He was clearly a warrior, no games - just pure bloodthirst in war. She usually wasn't interested in that type but he.....he was something else completely. 

Julie Adames name was called upon and the model stepped onto the platform. His smile was wide and toothy, showing a set of dazzling white teeth. Lola swore she saw Julie slide a little of her seat when she saw her mate. Lola would too, but her Alien was the one still waiting.

At that point, she forgot all her insecurities that she kept locked in her brain. It was like Lola's mind left her body and was floating around the room. Him? She would get him?

She almost didn't hear her name being called out and the heavy fall of footsteps which transpired. Lola's eyes followed the figure closely, noticing how he had a slight limp on his left leg which caused a wince when he climbed the stairs. 

"Ms. Briggs you are a lucky girl indeed. This is one of our greatest warriors - Egris. He's extremely decorated back home and has represented his region many times." The speaker complimented.

Egris' eyes were a burning blue, like the bottomless depths of the ocean. The underground trenches of indigo and navy. Lola's baby blue eyes clashed against his, causing them to widen considerably. So this would be her mate. 

And she wasn't complaining.

Egris turned back on his heel and marched off the stage, not looking back at Lola. His face was deadpanned, unlike the others who had already had the expression of lovesick puppies. It must be how he's trained to act. He is the greatest warrior after all.

"Ladies, in a moment you will get a briefing by my companion here - Dr Trax. He will talk you through what to expect during your time in this program. I'm sure you're eager to know." the speaker's attention turned away from the front row and back to the Xyon men, "You may take a seat behind the ladies."

Lola watched Egris follow the other men to the second row and felt a chill when he walked behind her. When she noticed his domineering presence settle behind her, Lola knew that this was the beginning of something new.

Whether it was good or bad, she didn't know.