Engineer

How is the story so far? Add a little comment so I know :)

Lola raced down the escalator - one hand covering the front of her cotton pants and the other gripping onto the handrail. Never in her life had she been more embarrassed than right then.

Luckily, the foyer and canteen were empty - sparing any awkward meetings with passing Xyons. 

How this had happened or why she didn't know. Were humans that bad? The Olphiets were walking greek goddesses crafted from pure marble and had personalities of vengeful rodents. Lola was just dancing! What harm had she created by waltzing the dance floor! Nothing, that's all. And now, she had been stripped of her skirt and her dignity. 

The cold nipped at her unclothed skin and it sent goosebumps racing up her legs. At that moment, it didn't matter if Egris was right behind her or a million miles away, she just wanted to hide away her shame.

Lola leapt from the bottom of the escalator and skidded across the linoleum floor. She could hear the cracking of her heels as it snapped completely and caused her to tumble to the floor in a heap. For a few seconds, that's where she laid, breathing heavily and her vision blurred with unshed tears. The gods had it in for her that night.

Lola pulled herself off the ground and yanked off the heels. The soles of her feet pressed against the cool floor and she gripped her shoes tightly.

She stood barefoot in the middle of the corridor, her face crimson and streaked with tears, the bottom of her gown missing completely so every inch of skin was on show and a throbbing ache spiking in her left ankle. 

So this was hell.

She began to stagger towards the rooms, holding out the white walls for support. Her ankle wouldn't support any weight and the pain increased to a point where Lola could cry from that alone. 

But it wasn't far.

That's what she told herself.

When the sound of heavy workboots landing hard on the floor started behind her, Lola tried her best to turn round. But two large, blue hands saved her the effort. At first, Lola thought that it was Egris but this male smelt like oil and worn rubber. And his face was different, too. 

Smeared with grease and coal, the Xyon was wild behind his copper eyes.

"Who are you?" Lola whispered. There was no answer. 

Instead, the Xyon forced her by the shoulders down towards the floor and began to clamber on top of Lola. His weight and towering size caused Lola to hyperventilate underneath the Xyons chest.  

Lola's knees buckled and every muscle connected to every ligament froze under the realisation of what could happen. His ice-cold, clammy hands gripped the inside of Lola's thighs and she screamed like the hounds of hell were bearing their canines. 

She prayed that someone could hear.

The Xyon was undeterred and continued carving a path with his fingers up her leg and towards the band of her pants. 

"Please! Stop!" She screeched until the fibres of her throat ached.

Two fingers slipped underneath the band and rounded her hips towards the front.

No. No. No.

"Mik! Control yourself!" Egris roared and his large frame yanked the Xyon to the side, "What is wrong with you!"

The other alien squirmed slightly and Lola took this as the opportunity to pull herself into a sitting position.

Mik stood up and squared up against Egris, both males of similar heights and width. 

"You should know your place. Why aren't you in the engine room?" Egris barked and shoved Mik hard in the chest.

The Xyon snarled and tried to push Egris back but he wasn't as strong. Lola's alien stood his ground over her and with one large propel, forced the Mik into the wall and the plaster cracked under the force.

At this point, Mik had stopped fighting and went limp under Egris' arm. He only lifted his feral pupils to meet the warrior - a silent sign of defying defeat. 

With one last jab with his forearm to Miks neck, Egris pulled away and turned towards Lola. He wasn't frightened of Mik attacking again, the Xyon engineer knew his place well. He didn't know why the man was even in the corridor - all engineers and technicians should remain in the lower quarters. Perhaps the party had drawn them up. 

"Come on, Lola. Can you walk?" He asked gently as possible.

She shook her head and wiped the fat, wet tears from the corners of her eyes. 

He bent down and shifted his arms under Lola's frame, trying not to touch the revealing flesh. Her head curled into his chest and small whimpers arose were muffled against his shirt.

Tonight had been a failure. 

First, Olphiets and now this. What would Lola think? That all aliens were cold, battle-hardened savages? 

Perhaps.

He didn't know why the Olphiets had it in for her during the dance. During battles, to frighten the enemy they would target one member to send a message across. Maybe that's what they were doing - a stark warning to human females that they weren't good enough. 

Bad words spoken about the human race spread quickly through space and neighbouring galaxies. Particularly towards the Xyon and Olphiet sector.

If they believed that a group of female humans dancing merrily around a hall were the danger rumours said they were, Olphiets were truly thick. 

If the sobbing girl clutching the fabric of his shirt was anything to go by, these people couldn't hurt a fly. At least not with intention.

xxx

He burst open the door of no. 35 and marched towards Lola's room. Using his back, he managed to enter the room and attentively placed her on the bed. 

"Can you change yourself?"

"Yeah." she croaked and cleared the raspy tang in her throat.

He nodded and opened the first set of drawers to the right. Finding a set of cotton PJ's, Egris handed them to Lola and bid her goodnight.