Chapter 3 - Co-Workers

"Wilbur?"

"Yeah?"

"THANK YOU" I grab his hand in happiness, making him hold mine back.

"N-no problem y/n" Wilbur nervously mumbles as he uses his free hand to cover his heavily blushing face.

The bell rings signifying it was the end of lunch. I let go of Will's hand reluctantly, leaving my hand to be cold again. It's been 2 seconds but I already miss his warmth even if it's just on my hand. My eyes look at him, to see him also wanting the cosiness of each other. Jesus what would a hug feel like?

Period 5 quickly finishes and people rush to get out of this hell hole. Me and Wilbur slowly walk out too.

"Hey, can I have your number?"

"Yeah of course!"

We quickly exchange numbers before heading heading home. I unlock the door in excitement to get ready to crash into my soft bed, but I realise I just got a part-time job yesterday at a nice cozy café down the road. I want to start saving up my own money. It was my first day today, I should of just went straight to the café from school. My arm effortlessly throws my heavy bag into a hanger near my door and start to head out again.

I arrive at the homely café, ready to work. I push the door and hear the bell lightly jingle above the door.

"Welcome to The Gold Café!" I here a familiar voice welcome me. Wait a minute, why does his voice sound so familiar, it sounds like...

"Wilbur?" I ask, confused.

"y/n? What are you doing here?"

"I'm working here from today. Why are you here?"

"My family owns this Café, so I work here everyday and I get pocket money"

"Wait really? This is great! So I'm gonna see you everyday after school and on weekends too?"

"I guess so! I'll be teaching you how to make coffee and where everything is"

Fuck yes. Well fuck no because my heart will explode, but like fuck yes. I was worried my job was going to be boring but not anymore!

"I can see you're still in your school clothes, the changing rooms are there" Wilbur say, pointing to the door.

I thank him and head in to get changed. I see an unlocked locker with my name on it and open it. Seems like all the lockers are unlocked. I get changed into a bee yellow work uniform with a cute cup of coffee stitched in and leave my backpack in there. I put my phone in my work uniform pocket and walk out of the changing room to see a customer at the till, ordering something. I walk over and wait for Wilbur to give me instructions.

"That'll be 3.99 please! Thank you." Wilbur says to the customer, smiling and tilting his head slightly.

"Please sit anywhere you like and we'll bring your order over soon." Wilbur turns his head to see me and his face lights up.

"What do I need to do?" I ask.

"Do you know how to make a cappuccino?"

"Uh...no"

"Do you know how to make coffee?"

"Yeah"

"That's good! I'll teach you how to make a cappuccino, we'll just do it together. " we both turn around, facing the professional looking coffee machine.

"Ok first, we have to steam the milk like this..." Will heats the milk up in a machine. Then, he starts whipping it with an electric mixer.

"Now, make the coffee. The cups are up there" he points to shelves above my head that I could easily reach, if there wasn't only one cup left on the top shelf. I make an effort to try and reach it, but to no avail. Wilbur sees my struggle causing him to tilt his head back, laughing. He laughs for a solid 5 seconds before going behind me and reaching over my head to easily grab the cup.

"Here" I turn around to obtain the cup, only to realise the position we were in. It looked as if Wilbur was pinning me down (kabedon) and looking down at me, faces close together. I redden, but see Wilbur perfectly calm. Huh, thought he'd be the one blushing. I thank him for grabbing the cup and hurridly turn back around to make the coffee, in a mess. Wilbur moves away and we make the rest of the cappuccino. I watch as he makes a satisfying design on top of the drink, wanting to be able to do that too. Wilbur goes to serve the steaming hot coffee as I clean up the area.

I rethink what just happened, making my cheeks flush pink again. I'm so lost in my thoughts I accidentally touch the really hot milk frother and burn my hand.

"Ow, fuck" I painfully call out, jolting back and waving my hand. Ouch that hurt. Wilbur rushes towards me, asking if I'm okay.

"Yeah I just burnt my hand slightly, nothing big"

"You absolute bafoon! Are you ok?" Will grabs my hand to check if I burnt any skin, which I luckily didn't, and kisses my hand.

Wait a minute, he kissed my hand. He kissed my hand. What.

"Do you want an ice pack?" Worriedly asks.

"I said it wasn't a big deal Will, I'm fine"

"I just don't want you to be in pain or hurt" I smile.

"Thanks" it's nice to have someone care for me, It's nice to have a friend like Wilbur. I hope he doesn't just leave like the rest, I feel like Wilbur is so much more.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N

I normally aim for 1000 words but I just feel like its good to end it there :) I feel like this is really cringe lmao but like,,,,, fluff

~Millie