Chapter 10 - The Real Techno (Part 1)

A/N: I'm so sorry this is taking so long, school is starting again and just pain . anyways here's the chapter :D

I come in work today to see Techno look very nervous, which I was quite surprised to see from his usual, monotone self. Today it was just me and Techno again.

"Techno, are you ok?" I asked, concerned for the tall man.

"Oh god, oh god, what do i do, what do i do?" Techno mumbles almost like he's going insane.

"Techno? Hello?"

"Oh Y/N! Hi...Sorry I'm just really nervous...."

"Nervous? What's wrong? You're usually confident and quiet."

"Sorry Y/N, I'm usually quiet because I don't know what to say... I'm not good at the whole socialising thing so I just try to act calm"

"Oh, really? Damn... What's wrong though? Are you ok Techno?"

"Oh god. Basically my parents told me they want grand children but they've never seen me bring back a girl or even anyone home, so they decided to set up a blind date for me but that's SO AWKWARD. andlikeimsosociallyawkwardidontevenknowwhatpeopletalkabout" Techno starts rambling and blushing. "Plus I like you" Techno mumbles.

"What was the last part?" I said, not hearing what he mumbled.

"Hm? I didn't say anything." Techno nonchalantly replies.

"Anyways, oh god is there anything I can do to help Techno? Seeing you so stressed makes me feel sad..."

"I don't think you can... unless if you can magically become my s/o (significant other) and convince my parents I'm NOT single than no"

"I mean... I just have to pretend right? How hard could it be? Plus you're basically eye-candy, soothing for the eye so it's a win"

"I- Uh- You're right?" Techno looks away covering his face. CUTE.

"So boyfriend, how about a visit to your parents' house?" I smirk. Time to have MY fun, this is not only a win to have Techno as a (unfortunately temporary) boyfriend, but I get to do couple stuff too!

"Excuse me?" an annoyed looking lady says, tapping her finger on the counter.

"We should finish working first" I whisper to him.

It was nearly the end of our shift, and Techno's phone starts to ring and lightly vibrate.

"Hello? Mom?" Techno answers. "No mom listen please, you know about my social anxiety! Please don't put me on a blind date" He pleads, I see his poor puppy eyes.

"This could be our chance Techno" I whisper into his ear. "Say you're dating someone." His adam's apple goes up and down as he swallows.

"Mom? I'm dating someone."

"WHAT?" I hear THROUGH the phone. "Are they with you? Oh we should have a family dinner! We're free right now! Oh honey, invite them over! How long have you been dating? Oh what's their-"

"MOM. Calm down. I can put you on speaker"

"Hello? I'm Techno's lover, Y/N. It's nice to meet you!"

"Oh my god aren't lovely Techno? How about getting a dinner with us sweetie? There'll be lots of good food!" she's so nice oh my god

"That would sound great! Am I intruding? I'm so sorry..."

"No, no! I would love to meet you! I'm sure Techno's father would love to meet you too darling. How about you come round at about 7? Techno can drive you!" Techno's mum gently speaks

"Yeah sure! That sounds nice. See you then" Techno picks up the phone and says his goodbye.

"Ok well I've got to go back to work mom, see you. Yeah, I love you too"

Why did I just turn red from hearing Techno say I love you. What. I turn my head and bury my face into my hands in embarrassment.

"Y/N? Are you ok?" I hear him put his phone down and he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Mhm..." I mumble. Techno sighs and pushes my head to face his. Fuck. I look down.

"Are you sure? If you're uncomfortable with this I can tell my mum the truth...

"No it's not that! Don't worry about it."

"Ok" I hear him say. Just ok? For some reason I feel disappointed. Well that was until I saw the oh so adorable puppy eyes he had. God I just want to cuddle this man SO HARD.

"Techno, really I wasn't thinking of bailing. I was just thinking that you're kinda c-c...u....te" I say, gradually getting quieter and quieter.

"I'm what?" I see him grin

"I said... you're cute..."

"Can't hear you, repeat that for me?"

"You're CUTE ok? There I said it"  Techno does the cutest grin. I'm such a simp.

Work ends early and the clock shows 6:25. Me and Techno change clothes and we start to head over to his house.

"I'm sorry you have to do this Y/N" Techno speaks while driving

"Techno, really. It's ok I'm fine with it" actually, I'm delighted.

"Y/N, we have to act more couple like. We have to call each other by like pet names and hug and stuff. Are you... comfortable with that? I'm scared my mum will catch on because she's a really perceptive person and like-"

"Don't worry baby, I'm fine with it."

"Uh thanks, b-boo"