Five

Thanks to Ian I've been thinking about Shayne more. I've started to wonder if I truly do like him.
     "Hey Court," Olivia snapped me out of my thoughts, "It's time to head home now, you coming?"
     "Oh, yeah I've just got to finish something," I said, "I'll talk to you later"
     "Okay, see you," Olivia left leaving me here alone. I finished up on my laptop and made my way to the exit, I opened the door to see that it was raining pretty bad outside.
     "Damn it," I groaned, "The one day I don't bring my umbrella it rains"
     "Would you like to share mine?" A voice asked from behind me. I turned to see Shayne with an umbrella propped on his shoulder.
     "I've never been more happy to see your dumb face," I said. He opened the umbrella and the both of us started walking.
     "Where's your car?" He asked, "I'll take you there"
     "Oh, it's down a little farther," I pointed down a few rows, "Are you heading home?"
     "Yeah, right after I do a bit of shopping," he answered, "I've been needing a new selection of shirts"
     "Really? And why's that?" I asked
     "This may surprise you, but I do outgrow clothes like a normal person," he said, "Some things are just getting too small for me. You can come with if you'd like"
     "You kidding? Of course I do," I punched his arm, "Your taste in clothes absolutely sucks. I'll help"
     "I don't know whether to thank you or insult you," he said.
     "I'd rather have the thanks," I smiled. We walked through town and made it to the store. We shopped for an hour or so and got Shayne some new clothes. We had lots of fun actually. When we left it was still raining.
     "Wow, it's still raining?" I asked, "This is...depressing"
     "Yeah it is," Shayne said, "Here, you can use the umbrella. I don't need it"
     "Of course you do, with this amount of rain you could get sick," I said
     "I never get sick"
     "You were sick last week"
     Neither of us ended up using the umbrella and our heads were soaking wet. It was actually cold for once because of the rain and I chose today to wear shorts and a tshirt.
     "You cold?" Shayne asked. I didn't realize, but I was shivering.
     "A little, but I'm fine," I told him.
     "Here, you can wear this," he handed me his gray hoodie.
     "What about you?" I asked, "Isn't this yours and won't you be cold?"
     "Nah, I'm fine," he said, "Don't worry about me" we continued walking with me in his hoodie now feeling warmer. That was really sweet of him if I'm being honest. I haven't seen this side of him very much. I really like it.
     Maybe....maybe I do like him....just maybe....