Twenty Three

"You did what!?!?" I just told Olivia what happened and yes she's a little happy.
     "Yep, we kissed. It wasn't one of those stage kisses either, it was an actual real life kiss," I sat back thinking about the kiss and how amazing it was.
     "So, does this mean you two are together now?"
     "Oh. Uh, well no. I mean, we just kissed on accident. We were both tired so we probably didn't know what we were doing"
     "Courtney, kisses don't happen on accident! Especially the one you described. There's something between you guys!"
     "No, come on. There's really...you think so?"
     "Of course! Why do you think everyone ships you guys so much? You two are perfect for each other and this kiss proved it!"
     Really...?

Shayne
     "Yeah, and we kissed," I said. Damien patted my shoulder and shook his head smiling.
     "I knew you could do it, buddy," he said, "So does that mean I can break out the Shourtney merch or is that still undecided?"
     "Oh, I guess I never really thought anywhere ahead. I just keep thinking about that kiss. I mean, it was just so...oh, what's the word?"
     "Succulent?"
     "What? No. It was amazing. I've never felt that from any other person"
     "Could this mean she's the one for you? I mean you've already kissed the girl, you might as well ask her out"
     "You're right, maybe I should. But, what will this do to our friendship? I mean, what if we end up breaking up?"
     "Who said anything about breaking up? What if you guys lasted? I could totally see you guys staying together. Sure, there might be some arguments here and there, but it's normal"
     "I guess that's true. Maybe we could last. Damien, I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask out Courtney Miller!"
     I heard a slow clap from outside the room.
     "Thank you, Matt," I laughed. He popped his head around the corner and gave me a thumbs up.
     "Well, what are you waiting for, dude? Permission? Get going!" Damien pushed me out of the room. I stood there awkwardly because I didn't know where she was. I searched all around the office.
     "Huh, that's weird. I saw Courtney not too long ago talking to Olivia," I walked back to Damien. "Okay, as soon as I know where she is, I'll ask her out. Have you seen her?"
     "Uh, no. Have you checked everywhere?" He asked.
     "I've checked everywhere except for Japan. Maybe I should look there. Yes, I've looked everywhere"
     "How about outside?"
     "Oh yeah"
     I made it outside and it was kinda cloudy out. It did say a slight chance of rain today. I walked down to the front of the building to see Courtney. She was with a guy who seemed tall. He had dark black hair and seemed to be close to her. Courtney quickly hugged him and was actually excited to see him. Did...she really forget about that amazing kiss we had? Or...I guess it didn't mean that much to her...