Twenty Two

The party was lots of fun. We all talked about what was going on in our lives and just had a generally amazing time. Shayne and I didn't act like dates tonight which doesn't surprise me, I didn't think we'd be all lovey towards each other. He must have thought this was just as friends or something.
     "See you guys later!" Joven was the last one to leave. Shayne, Ian, and I stayed to help clean up. Shayne was sat on the couch looking at his phone. I sat next to him and poked his arm.
     "You're not helping much by sitting around, you know," I said.
     "Yeah I know," he placed his phone on his lap and put his head back staring at the ceiling. "Tonight was fun, but I'm pretty tired"
     "Yeah, but I'm glad we got to see everyone. That doesnt usually happen much, you know, ever since Defy shut down"
     "Yeah," he sat straight and looked at me. We stared at each other for a few minutes. We were so close, I just wanted to grab his face and kiss him.
     "You know, we're really close right now," I said not breaking eye contact.
     "I know, I'm not sure what's going to happen next," he didn't break eye contact either.
     "I don't know either, but maybe it'll be nice," we both got closer and....I was waiting to find myself awake in my room, but I wasn't. Shayne and I had just kissed. For real. It wasn't a small kiss either, I had one hand on his face and we were in a deep kiss.
     We both let go and I blushed like crazy. I tried to keep my smile hidden in my short hair.
     "We...uh....we just kissed," he said, "Oh, I'm...sorry I didn't mean to do that. I was jus-"
     "It's okay, Shayne. I kinda liked it. It wasn't like any of those stage kisses either," I smiled.
     He smiled back and Ian walked in. He saw us staring at each other and walked over.
     "What are you guys doing over here?" He asked.
     "Just having a staring contest," Shayne said, "Wanna join?"
     I laughed and looked at him again. He was laughing at his own joke and looking up at Ian. God, I'm so in love with this guy.

Author's note:
Why hello! I know this wasn't the best chapter out there, but at least they kissed, right? I hope you're enjoying this story as much as I enjoy making it!