Twenty Nine

Shayne
     I opened my eyes to find myself in a dark area. It wasn't Earth, but instead it was just darkness.
     "Where the hell am I?" I asked myself. Suddenly, a bright light appeared behind me. It was blinding. A slender character with wings walked out and stood in front of me.
     "You're inside your head. This is the final place you go before you die," it said, "Whether you decide to or not is your decision. I'm just here to make sure you know what you're doing is right"
     "Wait. So, if I go with you then I'll die?" I asked, "What even happened to me? Why am I here in the first place"
     "A while back you were hit by a speeding truck. You didn't see it as your vision was blurry. You just had a fight with Courtney and you were very upset about it"
     "That explains why I blacked out. How long ago was that?"
     "About 3 weeks ago. You are in a coma, that is why you can't control your body. You can only hear what's going on around you"
     I suddenly heard a door open and then close. I looked around, but didn't see any door.
     "What was that?"
     "It appears you have a visitor," a screen appeared in front of me. It must be what my body sees. I was in a hospital room and someone was in the corner. They turned around...to reveal...
     "Courtney?"
     "Hi, Shayne," she approached my body and sat in a chair next to the bed. "Yeah, I'm back again. I know you can't hear me, but I've been coming everyday for the past three weeks. They've even had to kick me out sometimes because I wouldn't leave"
     She laughed and the small smile faded quickly.
     "Shayne. I'm sorry, this is all my fault. If I had just believed you then this wouldn't have happened. The truth is, Jake asked me on a date and I decided to go after our fight, but I never did. The date was the day that I found out that you were here"
      She missed her date because of me? Why...?
     "I really miss you," she started to cry, "...and I hope you...I hope you can come back soon. I..." she wiped her eyes and smiled weakly, "I'm such a baby. Shayne, I...please don't leave me"
     "She really cares about you, Shayne. More than I've ever seen someone care about another person. If you don't want to go then it is completely fine because I wouldn't want to either," they said.
     She's never acted this way. She's always been so happy and upbeat. Does...does she really care that much about me?