Eighteen

Courtney
     "Hello, Damimen," I said as I walked in early that morning. He was on his computer doing something, I don't know I didn't look.
     "Hey, Courtney. What are you doing here so early?" He asked.
     "Well, I actually got some sleep last night. I wasn't up all night thinking about him. Although he asked kind of a weird question yesterday that I'm still confused about"
     "Oh? What did he ask?"
     "Something like, what if someone told you they loved you, or something like that. Isn't that kinda weird"
     "Ohhh...uh yeah it is kinda strange," I could tell he wasn't entirely sure on that one.
     "Damien? Is there something I need to know?"
     He got nervous. He repositioned himself on the couch and covered his face with his computer.
     "No! There's nothing you need to know," he said, "Um, I've got to go do....something" he started to get up and leave but I sat him back down.
     "Damien. Don't lie to me," I glared at him straight in the eyes. He was trying not to look at me.
     "I'm not lying. I swear it!"
     "Damien"
     "Noo"
     "Damien!"             "YoutoldShaynethatyouwereinlovewithhimandnowheknows!"
     "What...?" I fell to the ground and looked up at him. He was still backed up and covering his face. "I DID WHAT!? WHEN DID I DO THAT?!"
     "The day when you didn't get much sleep. He was carrying you to his car to take you home and I guess you were tired so you let it slip that you love him," he said, "Don't kill the messenger please"
     I didn't say anything. I sat there on the floor in shock. Why did I do that? Oh god, what if he thinks it's stupid and crazy??
     "Oh god...oh god," I stood up and ran my hands through my hair and held them there. "God damn it!"
     "I'm sorry, Courtney. I didn't want to tell you, but you made me"
     "I have to find Shayne and tell him I didn't mean it. He can't know!"
     "Why not? Courtney, when you told him he started thinking. He says he doesn't know what he feels yet, but maybe you can change his mind. You two are perfect together and it needs to happen"
     "No, Damien, it doesn't. For months now, I've been crying over a guy who doesn't love me the way I love him"
     "You don't know that! What if he-"
     "No, Damien! He doesn't love me! Just accept that!" I stormed out of the office crying. I leaned back against the cold brick wall and slid to the ground. I pulled my knees in and put my head in them. Why does this happen to me?

Shayne
     "No, Damien! He doesn't love me! Just accept that!" I heard Courtney yelling from the door. I had my hand on it. I was about to walk in until I heard her yelling. I heard her coming towards the door and ran around the corner. The doors bursted open and I heard Courtney crying to herself. I wanted to move, but my body wouldn't let me. Instead, I myself sat against the wall and stared up at the sky.
     This is all my fault, isn't it?