Chapter 15

~Previously~

"For quite sometime, I've sought something extremely important. Something more elusive than the greatest of all mysteries." "What?" the boy asked confused. "The heart of the truest believer. And when you took that pixie dust and jumped off that cliff, you proved yourself." Pan knocked on the hollow tree, me and some of the Lost Boys were hiding. "You are the lucky owner of our very special heart. And now, you and it are mine! Come on, boys." I heard Pan say. I motioned for the lost boys to head out and surround Henry. 'Come out, love.' Pan linked with me. I appeared next to him, holding a dagger in my hand. He smirked, wrapping one arm around his shoulder and putting his dagger up with his other hand. "Let's play." He smirked at Henry. I used my magic to knock him out, commanding the Lost Boys to catch him. We made our way back to camp to train and have some fun before 'Henry' awoke.

*In Neverland*

Captain Hook's Pov

I was leading the group of heroes plus a villain up the mountain, to the highest point in Neverland. We could use this location as a vantage point to locate Pan's camp and rescue Henry. "The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead." I told the group, seeing as I was slightly taking up the rear. "You really think we're going to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked, skeptically. I scoffed lightly, "From there, we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son." Regina decided now was the time to butt in, "I could have just poofed us up here in an instant." She snarked, pushing a leaf out of her way. "Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers everywhere and only I can guide us through them." I replied, annoyed and irritated. I walked ahead of the group, being a few paces behind David. I slightly heard Emma say I was right about walking up the mountain.

Nobody's Pov

"You need to stay hydrated." Snow told Emma, handing her a water flask. "Thanks, Mary Margaret." Emma replied, drinking some of the water. "You know... Mary Margaret is a bit formal." Snow hesitated before continuing, "You can call me 'mom', if you want. You've done it before." The hopeful tone in her voice was unmistakable and the love shining in her eyes was undeniable. Emma froze but tried to reply, "That was... was back when we-" She stopped and Snow continued. "When we were about to die. Oh, no, I get it." Snow allowed Emma to walk in front her. She sighed longingly, wanting her daughter to see her as a mother. She couldn't blame Emma for her reluctance but it still hurt. Snow shook the feeling off, putting on a smile and catching up with the rest of the group.

Hook's Pov

David was cutting down branches blocking our path. He encounters the dreamshade thrones and attempts to cut them down, before I stop him. No matter how infuriating he is, Emma would never forgive me if I let her father die. "No. No!" I stated, grabbing his arm to prevent his swing. "I can handle a couple of thorns." He stated, pulling his arm from my grasp. I had half a mind to let him but I controlled myself. "That's dreamshade." I told him, continuing my explanation after. "It's not the thorns you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with. This plant is the source of the toxins I used on the Dark One.""The poison that almost killed Gold?" Emma asked, puzzled and slightly scared. "Indeed. I used a concentrated dose. In its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way." I stared at the plant before pointing down a different path. Of course, the prince had other plans as he pointed down the previous pathway. "We'll go this way." Snow and Regina followed him, leaving behind me and Emma.

"Your father's a distrustful fellow." I turned to Emma, rubbing my hook against my chin. "He's just not used to working with the bad guys." Emma defended her father, making me roll my eyes. "I can assure you, on this island, I am not the bad guy." I state, trying to convince her or me. "Yeah, well, Pan's not supposed to be one either, according to every story I ever heard as a child." Emma told me, continuing our trek to the ridge. "Well, they got it all wrong. Pan is the most treacherous villain I've ever faced." I told her angrily, before becoming curious. "Tell me something, luv. In these stories...what was I like? Other than a villain. Handsome, I gather."