A Secret Recipe

"Your father borrow 30 coppers two years ago."

"Chief, please confirm and write the amount and date and name of the recepient and that we are paid." Damon smoothly instructed with a polite smile.

"Okay." The chief is unhurried. But he is amaze about Damon's demeanor and how he used the expensive paper just for writing this stuff.

Damon also doesn't know why but Kai insist.
So he can only bother the village chief's help. Also she said to give more money and not less.
It is a magician's thing.
Magicians are stubborn creature that is bound by contracts. All their transaction should be done in scriptures or contracts. If not then it is not considered valid.
She rather have solid proofs that the money is paid and the recepient takes the money so in the future and they refuse to acknowledge the contract she will just kill them off.

"I will pay a silver coin. The interest for 2 years of payment delayed." Damon generously hand over the silver coins.

After hearing him the noisy villagers shut up and eagerly told the village chief to hurry and write their papers.

It is only a few words so the twenty people left happily afterwards.
Village chief arms hurts.

"Village chief, why don't you stay for lunch?" Damon asks.

"Oh. I have to go and see a problem in the other household. I can't stay too long." He said coughing.

"My brother Serge just got out of the hospital but he is as strong as a bull. My sisters wants to eat chicken, abalones and fish soup. If Village chief can grace us with his time then we will be really blessed and happy." Damon said.

"Uh---"
The village chief only hears the menu and already salivating.
He swallows and mindlessly followed Damon inside.

The food are very tasty. Grandma Olivia's craft are very good. With Kai instruction and innovated cooking method it even exploded.
After the heartly good meal the village chief's tummy are all round and his face is shinny.
Lena giggles but Penny shut her with her wide eyes.

"Thank you for the trouble village chief and....I know you are very kind but all these years we are helped by the chief. If this much is enough to show our family's sincerity then I will be very happy."
The sack bag is not heavy and it seems only a few coins are in there but the village chief is contented with the meal so he accepted without looking how much. He just told a few praises before he left.

The village chief wife is waiting for her husband before the family can eat.

"What took you so long? Mike and I are very hungry."
The thin wife said frowning.

The village chief feel his cheeks burning.
"I already ate. Why did you let your son wait? Do I carry our rice around?"

"You! Last time we ate you are mad and told me that I don't have conscience and didn't wait. Now you have eaten and still have the right to get mad?"

"Okay. Okay. It is me who is wrong."

"Dad, where did you eat?" He have eaten but he still sits down in the table and the mother and son started to eat.

"I went to help the Rengel's family solve their debt."

"Oh? Those kids. Did you ask how they suddenly have so many money?" Chief's wife ask between eating.

"Hmm. They just said it is their mother's family who they met in town. They are rich and help them out before leaving. I didn't ask much because they are very uncomfortable with the topic."

"Hmm. Did you ask for compensation? Your son is going to propose to that merchant's daughter. They ask 30 silver coins. Hmp. They think so highly of theirselves."

"Mom.." the son sadly look down.

"I didn't ask but Damon is a smart boy. He gives me this small pouch. Maybe it has 4 to 6 silver coins."

"Hmp. How can a bunch of kids gives too much? Do they think they are young masters and misses?"

"Shut up. Why do you always says the contradict of your wishes? I am sure you just want it to be 10 and more silvers." He took the pouch and open it and drop the money inside.

One, two, three, four, five. Five. Five gold coins.

The three astonished people stood up and grab the rolling coins.

"This is...."

The village chief took a deep breath and sit down calming himself.

"Mike, you go to town and tell your wife to be ready."
The village chief gave all the gold coins in his son's hand.
The wife wants to keep one coin but the village chief refuse.

***

"It is so cool when I open the window like this. And I can see the whole view. I feel like I am a princess." Lena giggles.

All of their rooms are in the second floor. They all have a window that are pacing the forest view and gives a cool breeze.
They are not very used to having a large room all for themselves so they usually loiter on Kai's room.
Kai's room is the nearest room in the stairs and also in the middle.

"It is also scary at night so just close the window and the wooden window together to ensure that it won't be scary and that it won't be too cold."

"Yes. Of course." But Lena keeps leaning on the window happily grinning.

"What's so happy?"

"Nothing. I am just glad that I am home."

Kai didn't say anything more because she really has nothing else to say.

"Oh, what else do you need for your wine recipe?"

"I got the 5 common herbs and 2 most important one. But I still need 2 ingredients." She pouts. She has been eating herbs and even though it is edible her mouth tastes bitter because of it.

But her magic didn't raise more. It is painful so she refuse to check it everytime.

She really need to find those two more ingredients.
And it is so painful to be unable to use magic!
She grits her teeth.

***

"What?"

"It appears the girl is not from this village but they said they met her before. It seems like her father is trying to create a wine made out of kokosan."

"Kokosan has mild sweetness but other thinks it has no taste. Who will make a wine out of tasteless fruit?" The imperial doctor frowns.
"Hurry and find the girl. No matter what. She can't be too far from here. And she used aura in such small body. She can't be ordinary."

The imperial doctor smiles.
The child must done all this to hide her identity. She must be from a well to do family.

"We will look for all the villages near the city. And ask the magistrates help to make haste. The King didn't give me much time."

A/N:

I want to say that

Today is my nephew's (cousin's son) birthday!!!!!
Happy 5th birthday Kris Andrew. Lolololols