Damon Strength

Damon smiles and looks at the bewildered Village Chief.

“You want to buy the whole village?”

Of course it is impossible to think of.
The village consist of 40 family’s with the average of 5 people in one family.
It is not that huge compare to others but it is also not bad.
There are also land that has no owners.
If Damon is serious it means he will also pay for those lands.
But the village chief is shocked.
Usually, the one that people want to buy is the farmland and not the entire village.

He thinks hard.
“Damon, you…”

“Like I told Village chief, the personage who wants us to buy the whole village wants us to cultivate plants that are not particular in our country. This person thinks that having other people around might be a problem and want to buy the village.”

-this is the excuse that the family well thought after thinking what reason for buying thee whole village.
Kai didn’t participate and just told them to buy the village 10 times its worth and be done with it.

“This esteemed Sir really has good ambitions but to suddenly be chased out of our land is.”

“Village Chief, this is a good chance. Don’t waste it.” Damon said.

“Even if you say that…”

“The person who wants to buy the village is very generous. He plans to buy the village 5 times its exact price. I can haggle and raise it up to 7 times or more if you convinced everybody. This project won’t come forward if not everyone participate after all.”
“5 times? And more. Hmmm.” The village chief suddenly look more sullen.
“Let me ask the villagers opinion first. You go and participate in the next village meeting.”

Damon nods.
“Of course.”

--

Damon is in a good mood while going up their house.
On the way he sees Bernard tending to their field.
“Its your turn today?” Damon asks.

Bernard nods.
“Yeah. Serge went to catch something in the sea. He wants to grow some squid at home like one at our backyard.”

“Squid? That guy likes squid after all.” Damon chuckles.

“How’s the meeting with the chief?” Bernard asks.

“Like we thought, he is not that against it. But he has a son in the town, that helps convinced him. But what about the others?”

Bernard stops his hand and walks to his brother.
“Well….They will be reluctant but to buy their entire property 10 times the market value. I think anyone will be blinded by money at that point.”

Damon laughs.
“Let’s see what will happen in the Village meeting. I will participate too to represent the esteemed Sir who wants to buy the village.

“Okay. Ah. Kai said that you have to practice on your mana materialization. We will have another mock battle 3 days from now.”

“Got it.”

Mana materialization is exactly what it means. To materialist your mana.
You can make it into a weapon, a living things, a fist or anything you want as long as you can support its size and its purpose.
The tougher you are the stronger your mana materialization can be.
Concentration is a magicians weapon.
Mana materialization is the best proof.
You can make whatever you can using your mana but losing your focus will dispel it.

Damon draws his bow.
Kai didn’t tell them what weapon to use.
“Any weapon has its short comings and strength. So choose what weapon you are most comfortable with.”

Damon is comfortable with the bow. The sense of safety when your target is far makes him feel relieve.

Using his mana to plow into a shape of a bow.
It was tiring to do it and he has to maintain the bows shape too.
Then the arrow is a separate thing. He has once again to make his mana plow to recreate an arrow.
It was tiring and sometimes while he focus on the arrow he didn’t realized that the bow lost its form then he will repeat again.
He practice all the way and make it more harder. The larger bow he makes, the larger the arrow and the harder to keep its form.

Kai is just walking around when she sees Damon’s determined expression.
Kai eats the apple while watching.
She remembers her past life. Bow and arrow is a difficult weapon choice as a magician. Some cheats and use real bow and arrow to easily materialize their mana. They just coat the original items with mana and be done with it.
But real magician will not use the real bow and arrow because even though it looks the same, it has different feel.
A magic bow and arrow are consist of mana alone and it is a perfect weapon to practice concentration.
Bow and arrow coated with mana still have limitations.
Magic bow and arrows only limitation is its wielders magic power.
The stronger one became, the stronger it will be.
Magic is very transparent.
It is not hard to explain because it is straight forward.
The limitation of magic is its wielders limitation.
And you can do anything with magic as long as you have imagination and concentration.
That is why it was called magic.
An ability to recreate a dream.

“Urgh.” Damon coughs and kneel in the floor.
He maintains the bow and arrows form for a minute.
It is good enough as practice but not for the mock battle 3 days from now.

“Brother, let me show you how a bow and arrow looks like when its done.”
Kai said stepping forward.

Damon drinks his portion of Orient Wine and then nods at Kai.

Kai didn’t need to do anything but she assumes the form of holding a bow and the bow emerge in her hands then he stretches the bows string and slowly a black swirling mana emerge in a form of an arrow and then she slowly released it up.
You can feel the intensity of the attack as it flies on the sky.
Swish**
Then boom.
It exploded and the whole village was covered in black clouds.

Damon mouth us gaping.
Its too strong.

“This is just me, a no attribute can do with half my strength. If you will be able to utilized the extent of the dark attribute, it’ll be  more that just that.”

Damon nods.
“I am too focus with the appearance. I should focus on power more.” Damon smiles.
“Thank you Kai.”

Kai nods.
“Brother is the most determined in the family. Though I don’t say that everyone is lacking, I always feel you are in some sort of pressure. So I want to help you more is what I think.”

Damon rubs her head.
“I am the head of the family. Of course I have to be strong.”

“You are strong brother.”

“Not as strong as you.”

“No….I mean it. You are strong, brother.”

Damon smiles and kisses her forehead.
“Thank you.”

Kai admires Damon.
Even if she is a high ranking magician in her past, Damon’s back is always reassuring and comforting. It seems to be telling her that he will always be there. It’s a sturdy back and everyone relies on him.
It is Damon’s strength.