06 | her big heart had enough room for more boys

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

During lunch, Y/n took a seat with her friends at a table not so far from Jungkook's, curious to see whether he'd interact with Taehyung or not. They were friends, she was aware of that now. But how close were they? Were they close to the point that Jungkook would tell him about the letter? She couldn't be sure.

"Earth to Y/n, what the hell are you staring at?" Sun poked her cheek, causing the girl to jump.

Hana snorted. "Soccer king, Jung Hoseok. Obviously."

Y/n rolled her eyes when the girls started to tease her.

"When's your first tutoring session?"

"Wednesday afternoon," she answered. "He booked a classroom for two hours. Me and him, alone, in a room." She beamed, so excited she could die.

Jihyo chuckled. "Can't wait, huh?"

"Hey," an unfamiliar low and cold voice interrupted them all.

Sun, Jihyo, and Y/n turned towards a guy standing right behind Hana. He addressed them with a small nod then focused on his younger sister. Hana didn't bother sparing him a glance; she simply waited for him to explain the reason for his presence. Her friends all stared at him, curious.

The black-haired boy averted his eyes from them, seemingly embarrassed by the sudden attention. However, he managed to sound unbothered when he spoke to his sister.

"You coming tonight?" Y/n could feel Sun's body stiffen, sitting right next to her. "Namjoon's asking."

Hana sighed, raising her head to have a better view of her brother. Waiting for an answer, he stared right back at her.

"I might. Don't know yet."

"Alright, tell him before six. He has to know who'll come; he's booking us a table." He set his eyes on Sun, then Jihyo and Y/n. "See you in class, Sun. Girls." He bobbed his head and left.

Once he was far enough, Sun breathed out. Hana told her friends it was Namjoon's birthday. He planned to celebrate with a dinner at the restaurant and invite a bunch of friends, including herself. She wasn't really close to him, but she appreciated him enough to go. Also, Jungkook would be there, but she knew better than admitting that out loud.

~ ♡ ~

The hours went on, leading us to the end of the day. Jungkook was getting ready for his best friend's birthday celebration. Although he had planned a small gathering, the boy felt like he should try to look good. Namjoon deserved that.

The boy chose a pair of black jeans and a large shirt for his outfit. He combed his hair, taking ten minutes to achieve a messy hair look. Satisfied with the result, Jungkook grabbed a jacket, the key to his room, and left. However, he couldn't move further when he noticed a very familiar girl standing in the corridor, most certainly waiting for him.

He sighed to himself, catching her attention. The girl twirled around to face Jungkook, her eyes shining bright when she realized he dressed well. Instantly, she batted her eyelashes in an attempt to seduce him with her signature look.

Sadly, she failed.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook's voice echoed through the deserted corridor.

Nayeon took a deep breath, eyes glued to the floor like a child who's being scolded. "I feel like you're avoiding me..." she pouted.

The bothered male sighed heavily, scanning the area as if someone would magically appear and get him the hell out of here.

"Look, I really have to go now. Let's have this conversation later, 'kay?"

He didn't bother waiting for an answer and disappeared down the long corridor. Nayeon sighed to herself, both disappointed and humiliated. She walked away with a sad look on her face. As she did, someone left their room without noticing her approaching, which caused them both to bump into each other.

Suddenly, Nayeon's eyes shone, and her signature seductive smile crept up her face right away.

"Oh, Hoseok! What a surprise," she managed to get ahold of the sportsman's arm, preventing herself from falling.

Hoseok—who was abnormally exhausted—smiled. "Are you okay?" he asked, genuinely worried.

The pink-haired student nodded shyly. She loved Jungkook, but her big heart had enough room for more boys.

~ ♡ ~

The next Wednesday afternoon, Hoseok and Y/n met in front of the classroom he had requested for the tutoring session. Dressed in a large colorful shirt and a pair of ripped jeans, he looked stunning. The thought of being locked up in a room with him for an hour and a half drove Y/n crazy. How in the world would she concentrate?

"Thanks again for helping me, Y/n. I owe you one."

She shrugged as if it was no big deal when, in fact, her inner self was jumping for joy. Hoseok took a seat in the front row, gesturing for her to sit right across from him.

Y/n gave him directives while he stared right back at her, his brown sparkling eyes never leaving her face. Fortunately, the (h/c)-haired managed to keep a cool head though her heart was beating fast. But of course, Hoseok had to ruin her efforts with a single question that flustered her so much she had to excuse herself and pretend the need to pee.

"Tell me, Y/n, are you a close friend of Jeon Jungkook?"

✭☆