•A deal with the devil•

I woke up by the sound of little minions torturing my head.

Either this or Hazel's new siblings burnt down the house.

Or Hazel burnt down the house.

„Give it to me!", a little girl's voice shouted angrily. No doubt this was Cass. I haven't talked to her a lot by now, but as far as I can tell she's real stubborn. I can't say anything about Tyler by now because he didn't really say much, which is the reason why he's my favorite twin. I'm not here to make new bonds. I'm here to make my brother happy and keep my alibi safe till I'm going back to Vancouver.

„Noooo!", Tyler shouted. So much to my theory.

I sighed and slowly got out of bed since I'll most likely won't ever fall asleep again in this house.

Because everyone already seemed to be awake, I had the luck to go to the fully free bathroom. There are two in this house. One downstairs, and one upstairs. You would think 2 bathrooms are enough for a family of 6 heads, but it isn't. I heard Hazel and Tatumn fight over the toilet last night as if it was the last piece of meat on earth.

I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face and threw on clothes.

I'm not gonna lie, there were days back in Vancouver I literally didn't get out of my pajama. But I guess Hazel already planned something for today and since I don't want to greet her visitors in an oversized shirt, I decided to put on clothes before going downstairs.

Only then did I realize it was already 1 pm. I'm actually an early bird, but I guess visiting a party, a new school, a new home, AND finding out the guy I need to find doesn't exist was quite exhausting.

I put on some makeup and lipstick, before looking in the mirror. Seeing my reflection always scared me.

Not because of how terrible I look, but because every time I look myself in the eyes, I see her.

I locked my eyes with mine for a couple of seconds and then quickly pulled away. „you're not her.", I whispered, hoping that maybe, finally, I would be able to believe myself. Before I could overthink anything too long, I left the bathroom and made my way downstairs.

I checked my phone, just to make sure no one texted me anything Important and then left in on the counter. I still haven't got any specific answer from Blake. I know he doesn't have my number and actually I have no clue how the hell he was supposed to reach me without it, so I decided to just wait till I eventually see him in school again on Monday.

Walking around the house still felt weird. I do remember it from years ago, but it Nevertheless felt like it belonged to a total stranger. The only thing that felt familiar about it were the pictures of Hazel on the wall. Just some oft hem. Mostly the ones where she still had this huge tooth gap and a pink strain in her hair.

„Look who's up.", tatumn smiled as I walked in the room. The scent of freshly cooked eggs and pancakes in the air. I faked a smile and tried not to get totally creeped out by the stares that Cass and Tyler were giving me.

„Hazel's already off with her boyfriend and a friend. She wanted to tell you but you were sleeping and she didn't want to be rude." Tatumn had an apologetic face. „It's okay, I wanted to use this morning to chill anyway." I said as I walked towards the fridge to get out some milk.

„I heard you had a good night?" And there it was.

I paused a second, then proceeded to get out the milk. „Uh- Yeah. The party was nice. Hazel has such cool friends.", I  said and was indeed lucky hazel wasn't present. I could only hope she hasn't told her too much.