•Plan A•

I watched the sky fade into a light shade of orange behind the houses in the neighborhood.

The trees started to look like they were only silhouettes of a picture-perfect fairytale and just a few birds already flew through the air.

For a moment the whole world seemed to stand silent. As if everybody was busy watching the colors mother nature decided to gift us to welcome everyone into a hard day of whatever they do for a living.

The colors slowly faded with time, leaving a light shadow of pink above the city.

I remember the last time the sky got painted in such beautiful colors and pictures of me, Tessa, Cole, Francisco, and Chase immediately rushed inside the back of my head. As if someone just threw a photo album at me. But even the best moments don't last forever and slowly fade into memories. Just like the colors do at the beginning and end of each new day.

The way the sky changed its color in such a beautiful way fascinated me every time since I was a kid. I remember imagining watching the sunset with the prince of my dreams when I was a young girl. That was when I still believed in love or anything that comes along with it.

That was before everything that's happened.

A cold shiver ran down my spine and brought me back to reality.

I gulped and moved away from the window in my room...or at least the room Tatumn gave me. I was sure I could make this place my favorite when I got here. But it's been days and I might be good at feeding lies to everyone else- but I'm certainly bad at feeding myself ones.

Even tho the few things I brought with me found a beautiful place in the room and Hazel insisted on putting up old frames of old pictures she still had of me and her, the room still felt cold. I have had some of my first memories ever in this house, but it didn't feel real. Anything that happened in my childhood here in Florida seemed to be just like a dream. But I had to wake up way too soon.

I sigh and ran my fingers through the bit of my hair that wasn't put in a ponytail.

I'm not sure what caused me to wake up this early today, but for some reason, my body decided to go fully active at 5 AM. And trust me, that never happened before.

I've spent the morning looking out of the window and using the time in the bathroom I could use. Not being late had its benefits.

I walked over to one of the pictures Hazel put up of us. Hazel, still with her long ash blonde hair smiled at a girl next to her. While Hazel's big blue eyes were focused on her, the girl seemed to be busy playing with the flowers she just picked up. Her shoulder-length blonde curls were standing in every direction and she just seemed...careless. this girl was me. But at the same time, she wasn't.
I knew growing up changes people: but I feel safe to claim that this girl- right in this picture- had nothing to do with the summer I saw every time I walked past a mirror.

I gulped again and put the picture down, the Photograph facing the wall this time.

I tried to suppress the memories I had of this day and walked over to my bed again, where my phone laid on one of the blankets. My hand automatically reached out to it, knowing that gesture way too well.

I let myself fall onto the stack of pillows and unlocked it. There weren't any new messages except the one Blake send me last night about the plan of ours, but I've already read it on the notification bar.

As if my hands wouldn't be needing instructions on what to do, they already tipped on Chase's chat. Even tho I should've, I didn't delete anything. I don't care if I had any proof on my phone or whatever, deleting their numbers would've felt like I gave up on them. And that's the only thing I would never give up on.