•nothing but the truth•

In case y'all still want me....

Blake was right.

The place he was taking us wasn't far away and we reached it just a few minutes later.

He didn't say anything while we got here. This dude waited till we reached our destination before he began the topic.

All he did was making a few jokes about the other drivers here and there and I laughed about it as if they were funny.

Okay, maybe some of them were funny.

He parked his car on the side of a small road after a while and we both started to get out. I guess he wanted to open the door for me, but I was faster. I don't need a man to get out of a car.

„didn't you say this is some kind of cafe?"

I looked up at the building in front of me, build-out of old looking bricks and covered with dark windows. Red letters adorned the entrance, but it didn't do a lot for the atmosphere since they were unable to read.

„it is. Just follow me, you'll see.", he said. He looked at the building as well and started to walk towards it.

„alright.", I mumbled and followed him.

A bell let anyone know our presence when we walked through the heavy door, but no one looked up from whatever they were doing.

The said cafe looked just like the outside from the inside.

A few old lamps were trying to light up the room and were placed on the ceiling, along with a few fans.

A wide bar adorned the walls and a guy sat on one of its stools and drank his beer.

A few old diner seats and tables were placed all over the room and two billiard boards stood in the corner of the room, rock music playing in the background.

This place was so messed up that it almost seemed lovely. Lonely somehow, As if it waited for someone to see it's a true beauty.

„take a seat.", Blake said and pointed at one of the diner seats.

Without pulling my view away from a photo on the wall i sat down. Blake sat down right infront of me and his eyes followed mine. „I guess he build this place here.", He pointed out, which caused my attention to jump right back to him.

He cleared his throat and started talking again, acting like a businessman.

„Things have been kind of messy. We might need to discuss a few things first."

„You're right." I nodded and pushed my back.

„This is such a good place for things like that. No one we know will come here and I don't think anybody here cares about our problems." I pointed at the guy on the bar who almost cried over his new beer. Blake laughed.

„Maybe he's the guy you're searching for."

I scanned the middle-aged guy with his trucker head, then shook my head.

„I'm pretty sure he isn't.", I assumed, and a half-smile spread across Blake's face. But just like that, it vanished again.

Something inside of me had mixed feelings when it comes to Blake Williams. He smiled a lot but never held it for longer than a few seconds. As if he didn't dare to seem happy. I knew two-faced people and I saw right through his charade.

The way he moved his body had something so carefree, it almost seemed too forced. His eyes had the color of a dangerous ocean, ready to drown everyone who tried to swim it. But I don't think the bank on the other side was as dangerous as it seems to be.