Chapter Sixteen

I put a picture of Fifi, so you guys can see that she doesn't deserve to be roasted :(

James' POV

Part of me felt a little guilty that I wasn't helping Dillon with his emotional troubles, but he was bonding with Carter! And chances were high that Dillon and I would be supporting each other financially far into our adult lives, so he definitely needed to get along with my boyfriend.

I looked at the two adorable humans in front of me. Dillon had yet again burst into tears in Carter's arms, attempting to throw his phone across the room in a nervous fit.

"So this is a good time to mention it!" I cheerfully said, grabbing their attention. "Dillon, Carter is my boyfriend. We're like totes happy and stuff!"

Dillon burst into sobs. Carter sent me a nasty look.

"...I'll just go play with Ronan and Fifi then..." I grumbled, walking into the kitchen.

Ronan smiled at me when I walked into the room. "Game," he said with great affection. He pointed right at me. "Poopyhead."

Three year olds were evil.

"Why?!" I sputtered, and Ronan cackled evilly.

"I no knoooow."

I knelt down on my knees next to Ronan and Fifi got nervous for no particular reason and peed. I hated Dillon a little for taking her home. "Do you like the puppy?"

Ronan shook his head. "No." He got onto the back of his Lightening McQueen and petalled at Fifi very aggressively.

Fifi trotted away.

"Carter! Your son is trying to commit murder—"

"Deal with it!"

"...Dillon! Your rat dog peed."

"Deal with it!"

"...Jeez, you guys," I mumbled. They were so insensitive to my situation.

Grumbling, I snatched Fifi up and let Ronan get back to his destructive driving. He ended up intentionally slamming into everything in the kitchen and giggling when he made things tip over.

When I came back, Dillon had his phone in his hand. I perked up. "Are you going to call him, finally? I can do it if you don't want to."

Dillon glared into my soul. "You'd just be mean."

I batted my eyelashes. "I'm never mean."

"You've been mean to me the past twenty minutes, because you haven't even helped me a little bit! Carter's the only one who—"

I interrupted him to plop onto the couch and give him a hug. Despite his anger, Dillon melted against me.

"I just think that the solution is simple. You've just got to explain to your boyfriend that jealousy ain't cute, and then tell him to grow the fuck up and get over his stupid, needless, insec—"

"I knew you'd be mean!" Dillon wiggled out of my grasp, took a deep breath, and pressed dial.

The phone call was disconnected and Dillon gasped.

Carter scoffed. "Oh no he didn't."

I blinked and stared at him, trying to figure out when in this conversation Carter had lost his mind and personality. "What did you just say?"

Carter blushed. "This is an intense situation. Get with it."

Dillon dialed again. Yet again, the call was sent to voicemail. Dillon gritted his teeth, hung up, and redialed.