Chapter Thirty

Double update because why not!

James' POV

I finished both of my books.

The catch was that they both probably sucked.

I was drunk as shit and sobbed the entire time I wrote the romance one, so it probably made no sense. For the sci-fi one, I binged vodka and played reruns of Hunter X Hunter while I wrote. I hadn't focused long enough to possibly have a normal-paced plot.

A knock on my door made me sigh. "James?" Dillon asked. "Um...do you wanna hang out?"

I turned up my TV louder.

Not that I didn't want to hang out with Dillon. I just thought that if I moved even a single inch, I would most definitely vomit.

An even harder knock came even louder. I paused in typing out what looked like, 'howt o publis boook by mysefl'.

"Hey, you're a CRYBABY!" Dillon screamed. "Come out or I'm coming in."

I groaned. This was Dillon's millionth attempt at getting me out of my room, but none of them were going to work. I just wanted to wallow in my own misery.

Although, unfortunately, I probably was going to have to leave my room soon. Unless I could convince Dillon to get me more vodka.

I paused the TV. "Dillon?"

"Yeah?" He sounded so hopeful.

"If I Venmo you will you go buy me some more vodka?" I asked pathetically.

"No. Please let me in? I haven't seen you in a week. I don't know how you've showered, brushed your teeth, or gone to the bathroom. And...I feel bad, okay? I want to talk to you about it."

I clenched my teeth shut tightly so I didn't vomit. Against my own will, tears flooded my eyes and fell down my cheeks. I wasn't even sure why I was crying at this point. It was like my body was set on a timer: once every hour it was on the 'cry' setting.

"Um...are you listening to me?" Dillon asked, this time more gently. "I'm worried about you."

That made me think of Carter even more. He'd basically said that to me every other day leading to our break up. Maybe he sensed an end before I did?

Oh God. Now I was definitely going to puke.

I opened the door to my bedroom and Dillon perked up. I had every intention of making it to the bathroom, but I was too late. I doubled over and vomited right onto the ground.

"Oh dear! Okay, um—Fifi, no, that's disgusting!" Dillon swooped in to pick up his dog and I stumbled backwards.

"Um, ew," I said intelligently.

"Okay, I've totally had it with you!" Dillon snapped. He stood there, scowling and steaming with rage and holding the fluffiest dog in the entire world. "You have done nothing but sit in your room, binge drinking and crying. Do I feel terrible for you? Yes! But it's been over a week now since you broke up. I understand that you hate your life, but you could at least take a shower and eat food that isn't from that box of snack assortments that you have under your bed."

I was way too drunk for this. I ended up nodding. "True."

Dillon definitely didn't believe me. "Henry brought over a ton of deserts for you—"

Great, now he was talking about his perfect boyfriend and his perfect relationship and how he was so in love.

"—You haven't even said thanks! I've made your favorite dinner like three nights in a row and you refuse to leave your room. How are you even surviving?"