Surfing In Texas?

"Why'd you do that?" Cubbie complained as we walked out of the school.

"Because, it hurts to hear about them." I replied bluntly.

"Well, if it means anything, I really wish I could meet them."

"If they were still alive, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it, if my parents didn't die, I wouldn't have been depressed and my brothers wouldn't have taken me Saturday night and you wouldn't have seen me and we wouldn't have become friends."

"Wait, you didn't even know that we were coming through town?" Cubbie sounded slightly offended.

"None of my favorite bands ever come through Houston, so I've given up on looking at concert dates."

"You never know what could happen! You should still check them, even if that little voice in your mind tells you that there's no way anyone good is coming."

"Lesson learned, Fink, lesson learned." I shook my head as he walked up to the van. "Uh, Cubbie?"

"Don't even say it." Cubbie muttered as we both turned pale.

"No, I am going to say it. Why are there no other guys in here? This is the right van, right?"

"Yeah, my key unlocks it."

"So, uh, where are the guys?" I asked nervously as I pulled open my door.

"RIGHT HERE!" Mark came out of nowhere and pounced on my back.

"OH MY GOD, MARK! NEVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN! YOU'LL GIVE A HEART ATTACK!" I shrieked as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it. And, I just wanted to say sorry. I'm really sorry about earlier, I was just so mad that he would do that to you, you don't deserve to have people like that in your life."

"Well, sometimes I just have to deal with things as they come my way. Even if that does mean that I have to deal with people like Ben."

"Where do you think he went?" Pontius muttered.

"To be honest? I don't know, he could've gone anywhere in that high school."

"Will he try to come after you again?" Sean asked as he leaned against the car.

"I don't know that either, like I said before, he and I haven't spoken in over a year. And a lot can change in a person in a year, they could become psychopaths or they could become depressed and do things they'll regret later in life, you just never know."

"Damn, I just hope that doesn't happen to you." Mark smiled and pulled me into a side hug, causing my heart to speed up in my chest and I internally was screaming because of a fangirl attack. I am still a fan of them and their music, after all.

"Okay, let's just get you away from here." Pontius interrupted and jumped into the car.

Laughing, I jumped in beside him and directed the guys back to my house.

"So, uh what are we going to do?" I asked as I unlocked the door and walked in.

"I don't know, what do you Texans do for fun?" Mark suggested as we sat down in the living room.

"Well..." I started.

"Wait, let me rephrase that. What do you Texans do for fun that doesn't involve guns and shooting things or off-road dirt bikes." Mark corrected himself.

"Okay, first of all, that was extremely stereotypical. But, it's sadly mostly true, but a lot of my friends don't do that kind of thing."

"Well, do you do that kind of thing?" Mark raised an eyebrow.