School Announcements

LYAM'S POV

I went to my old high school, Cal's current school, the next morning to talk to Danika. "Uh, Ms. Danika?" I asked as I awkwardly popped my head into her office door. The tall, black haired lady looked kindly up at me through her brown eyes.

"Lyam? Is that really you?" She took off her glasses and set them down on the desk in front of her. "My, my, what a surprise! Come in, come in." She beckoned me to take a seat in one of the chairs. "And who do I owe this fine pleasure to? I know you don't just come and visit your old principal for no reason."

"Well, you're also my neighbor." I chuckled a little. She's got that certain quality to her, she can make anyone feel better about themselves. I guess that's why she was voted one of the top principals in the country. I shook my head, I needed to focus on why I'm here. Cal. She needs my help. "But, I'm not just here to say hi, I need your help."

"My help? What could I possibly help you with?" Danika smiled.

"It's about Calliegh."

"Oh, she's doing okay, isn't she? I've been so busy these last two days and I haven't been able to go to the hospital to see her."

"She's... She's, uh, been kidnapped." I squeaked. That just felt so weird to say.

Danika's face went pale and she fell backwards in her chair. "She's been... kidnapped?"

"I'm afraid so."

"What happened?" Danika asked.

I took a deep breath and explained everything that I knew about it.

There was a period of silence that fell over us as Danika stared down at her desk. "Tell me what I can do to help." She finally said, looking up at me.

"Well, I was hoping you could talk to the student body? You know, one of those emergency meetings you used to call when I was still here. Remember when we tried to fit everyone into our auditorium?" I chuckled a little as I remembered trying to fit everyone in the entire school into that small auditorium. It was going to be even harder now, there's like sixteen hundred students and a lot of staff members.

"I can arrange that." Danika nodded and picked up her office phone and switched on the intercom. "Would all students and staff please report to the auditorium for an emergency meeting? Please? Thank you." She hung up and turned her attention back to me. "Thank you for telling me, Lyam. I really hope you can find her. Who's helping you look for her?"

"It''s me, Jake, Connor, and the guys. Jakob and Jess are staying with Uncle Jack in the hospital. We told them yesterday and they're in shock."

"The guys?"

"Yes, I'm assuming Cal told you something about them."

"Oh, right! She did tell me about them, and I met one of them, they seem like very nice guys."

"Yeah, they are, but yeah, they're helping us look for her."

"Wait, they're still in town?"

"Yeah, they are, we can't get 'em to leave!" I chuckled a little.

"Well, I'm thinking that most of the school's in the auditorium by now. You can come if you want." Danika stood up and stepped out from behind her desk.

"Yeah, I'm right behind you." I nodded as I fell into step behind her.

We walked through the second floor of the school, I watched over the railings as I saw the few kids left in the hallway grumbling to each other. I heard the comments about how stupid and pointless this was. I was about to jump the railing and slap some of those kids when I remembered that I used to say that about every meeting, even the important ones. It was all because I never knew what it was going to be about and I just thought everything was stupid because I was a high school guy.