Chapter 2 : The Rise of Voltron Part 1

SHIRO'S POV

I was on Kerberos, next to Matt and Sam Holt. The ground tumbled.

"What was that? Seismic activity?" Sam asked.

"We should get back to the ship." I say urgently. As we head back a alien ship appears behind us.

"Wha-? What is that?! It can't be..." Sam stammers looking up with wide eyes.

"Run! Come on, run!" I yell. We begin to run back to our ship when a purple light come down at us.

I wake up with a jolt. Sitting up I see Keith. "Keith...?" I say confused.

"Hey Shiro..." Keith says softly.

"What I-" Tired I laid back down.
"(Y/n)..." I mumble as I drift back into darkness.

~~

I stand out the front of Keith's small desert shack. The sun is rising as Keith comes to stand next to me. "It's good to have you back." He says.

"Heh. It's good to be back." I say. As I look across the sky I think of (Y/n).

"So what happened out there." Says Keith interrupting my thoughts. "Where... were you?"

I sigh. "I wish I could tell you. My head's still pretty scrambled. I was on an... alien ship but... somehow I escaped. It's all a blur. How did you know to come save me when I crashed?" I ask looking at him. He hasn't really seemed to have changed much since I met him.

"You should come see this." He says leading me back into the shack.

Standing in there was three other kids. I am guessing there Garrison student. One of them looks a lot like Matt.

Keith uncover a board of lines and picture. "What have you been working on?" I ask surprised.

"I can't explain it, really. After getting booted from the Garrison, I was kinda... lost and... felt myself drawn out to this place. It's like something... some energy, was telling me to search." Keith looks back at me.

"For what."

"Well, I didn't really know at the time... until I stumbled across this area. It's an outcropping of giant boulders with caves covered in these ancient markings. Each tells a slightly different story about a blue lion, but they all share clues leading to some event, some arrival happening last night. Then you showed up." Keith explains.

I look around the room at the other teenagers. "I should... thank you all for getting me out." I say, "Lance, right?" I extend my robot like hand to him an notice that he hesitates before shaking back. Then I shake the short one and the bigger ones hand.

"The nervous ones Hunk. I'm Pidge." She says. "So, did anyone else make it out from the crew?" She added. Do I know her? I ask myself.

"I'm not sure." I answer sadly. "I remember the mission and being captured. After that, it's just bits and pieces." I look at Pidge.

Suddenly Hunk speaks up. "Yeah, sorry to interrupt, but back to the aliens. Where are they now? Are they coming? Are they coming for all of us? Like where are they at this very moment?"

I try to think back to when I was on the ship. "I can't really put it together. I-I remember the word 'Voltron'. It's some kind of weapon they're looking for, but I don't know why. Whatever it is, I think we need to find it before they do."

I begin to zone out as Hunk pulls something out off a bag. It was a picture is someone but I didn't look close enough to see what was on it.

"WHAT?!" Pidge's suddenly yells made me jump.