Chapter 9 : Sorry Brother

(Y/N)'S POV

After Coran had checked out my wound for a bit, he let me go. The Paladins had gone out to destroy a small Galra base so I decided to go back to the training room.

I am now on level 13. Facing of against multiple gladiators. I knock out one just leaving two more. I turn to them and one raises it's staff. An image of Nathen's killer raising his fist over the beaten boy, fills my vision. I let out a cry and ram into the robot. My blood boils. Hitting it again, it fall to the ground. Blinded my my anger, I don't see the other one behind me. It's staff hits me in the stomach and I go fly into the wall. Paint shoots through my right shoulder a I tumble onto the ground.

"(Y/n)!" Someone calls. "End training sequence!" The gladiator drops to the floor and Keith runs over to me. "(Y/n) are you ok?" He says helping me up. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I'm fine." I growl beginning to walk off, though before I can take more then two steps I fall again.

Keith repeats his actions, by helping me up. "You shouldn't be fighting with your shoulder." He nods to it and I spot blood oozing out.

"I'm fine ok!" I yell, and he steps back surprised. "I...I'm sorry, Keith. I'm just tried..."

I begin to walk out holding my head as Lance walks in. "Wow (Y/n)! Are you ok?" He stops.

"Yes, yes I'm fine." I replied. Thought the next step I took I wobbled and ended up falling into Lance.

"No way. I'm taking you to Shiro." He says pulling my arm around his neck and hold my waist for support. "Are you coming Mullet, or you just gonna stand there." He says glaring back at Keith

"Y-yeah." He says quickly.

KEITH'S POV

We walk into the bridge with (Y/n). Shiro stood talking to Allura. "Shiro..." (Y/n) groans lifting her head. Lance was mainly holding her while I was just slightly supporting her.

Shiro looks up from is conversation. "(Y/n)!" He runs over.

"I'm fine..." She sighs, standing up a little.

"What happened?" Shiro asks taking her from Lance. (Y/n) stays quiet.

Lance shrugs and I cough. "I know." I say stepping forward.

"Ok, Keith come with me." He says, as he begins to lead (Y/n) out of the bridge. I follow behind silently.

~~

"Come on, let's put you in the pod." Shiro says.

"There's not point Shiro." (Y/n) rolls her eyes. "It didn't work last time." She put her hand on his shoulder

"I know." Sighs Shiro. "I just don't like you being hurt." He looks down. "What did you do." (Y/n) ignores him. When she doesn't respond, Shiro looks to me.

"She was fighting the gladiator. It hit her against the wall." I say looking at (Y/n) who is looking at me annoyed.

"What level (Y/n)?" Shiro inquires.

"Thirteen."

He sighs. "(Y/n), why did you push yourself so hard?" He pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I'm sorry Shiro, I just got annoyed." (Y/n) explains getting up. Shiro sits her back down and grabs a bandage. (Y/n) looks down upset and Shiro turns away. "I'm sorry."

"Keith, can you take (Y/n) to the lounge? I'm going to clean up here." Shiro looks at me ignoring his sister. I nod and walk to (Y/n). When I reach out my arm she hits it away, and walks past. Shiro rubbed his temple.

I quickly ran after (Y/n). "Go easy on Shiro. He's just worried about you." I say, catching up to her.

"Stay out of it!" She snaps. "I'm sorry... I just wish he wouldn't." (Y/n) looks down. We turn into the lounge and sit down next to each other. "So... I don't know much about you." She says smiling and looking up at me. I can tell she's trying to change the subject, but I go along with it.

"Well, my names Keith Kogane. I'm from earth... and I'm half Galra." I say. I don't know why I am. This isn't like me. What is she doing to me. I sigh.

"Your half Galra!" (Y/n) yells and I look away embarrassed. Is she gonna hate me? "That's pretty cool. I mean not the part that they had taking over the universe. But you part alien. Plus I have a friend who Galra. Antok." She finishes smiling at me.

"You really think it's that cool." I ask.

"Yeah. I mean that's amazing." She pauses. "Wait, should I not find that interesting?"

"I guess you can if you want?" I smile. She smiles back. Slowly her head begins to fall until it lands on my lap. "Umm, what are you doing?" I ask, blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Hmm?" (Y/n) murmurs, a soft smile on her face.

Is she sleeping? I look down at her. "(Y/n)?" I whisper. She doesn't respond.

"Hey?" Shiro walks in confused.

"Ah, sorry Shiro!" I flutter beginning to stand up.

"No! No!" Shiro stops me. "Please, just let her sleep." He pleads.

I stop getting up and look at the peaceful (Y/n). I smile. "Ok." Shiro sits down next to me. "You know, she's sorry. She just doesn't want you to worry." I tell Shiro.

"I know, but it's my fault she's out here." He looks down in worry.

"She'll be ok." I assure.

~~

I am awoke by a soft whimper. I rub my eyes and look around for the source. Next to me I see Shiro get up and kneel down on the floor below me. What's going on. I think, confused.

"(Y/n)..." Shiro whispers, "(Y/n), it's ok..." I looked down seeing Shiro's sister on my lap.

"What the..." I mumble. Shiro shushes me. "Is she ok." I ask quietly.

"It's just a bad dream, she's calming down." Shiro tells me. I move my hand over and stroke her hair.

As she calms down Shiro sits back down next to me. "You know, she used to have nightmares at home. They stopped about two years before I left. I guess this whole thing brought them back." Shiro looks at me.

"Yeah. Who knows what she's been through. A lot at least." I say still running my fingers through her hair. "But, I guess so have you." I look up at him.

"Yeah, but she was so young, she's my little sister. I'm meant to protect her." He sighs.

"Why don't you go to bed?" I tell Shiro. He hesitates so I continue. "I'll stay with her, you need to sleep. Your our leader. You need it."

Shiro pats me on the shoulder before getting up. I look down at (Y/n) and as if she know Shiro left she frowns. "Hey, it's ok. I'm here." I say and her face settles. I smile.

Come on Kogane. What are you doing. I silently scold myself. What is she doing to me.