Chapter 6 : Stupid Darkness

KEITH'S POV

We have been in space for weeks now. Possibly a month or two. The time up here still confuses me. Today we are heading to a nearby base to meet the Blade of Marmora. We are meeting on a empty moons of one of the nearby planets.

The castle was now orbiting around the moon. Allura, Shiro and I were going down to meet them in the black lion. The first time we went to there base, I found out I was Galra. It took a while for the team to get used to it. Especially Allura.

We landed on the planet and met Kolivan standing there with Antok and another Galra. They barely say a word before signally us to follow. They lead us to a smaller base then the one we had been to before. Most of it was hidden in a crater of the moon, though some peaked out.

They walked in and take us into some kind of meeting room. "It's good to see you again, Allura and Paladins." Kolivan says turning to them.

"Yes. It's good to see you took Kolivan." Shiro greets. He holds out his hand and the Blades leader shakes it.

"Well, how is Voltron going with allies?" Kolivan asks.

"We have the support of the planets we have freed." Allura explains.

"We have allied ourselves with a certain rebel." Antok cuts in, which surprises me.

"Yes... her." Kolivan almost growls.

"Well-" Shiro was cut off when the floor shook.

"What was that!" He yells. Kolivan opened up a screen which showed two Galra battle cruisers shooting at the base. "Guys! Where going to need the lions!" Shiro communicates to the castle.

"We're come-" Pidge was cut off by a bang.

"Pidge! Guys! Are you ok!" Shiro asks.

"Yea... but the blast shut down the castle. We can't get out the lions!" Pidge responds.

"There is no way one lion and one pod can destroy those cruisers!" Allura cries.

Out of the corner of my eyes I spot Antok turn to Kolivan who gives him a small nod. Antok hurries out of the room leaving me, Allura, Shiro and Kolivan.

"Shiro! What do we do?" I ask him. He looks around frantically for some kind of solution.

(Y/N)'S POV

I had left Matt back with the other rebels to go on a mission. We are freeing more prisoners, when the transmission came through. "(Y/n)?" It was Antok.

"Hey Antok. Everything ok?" I ask.

"(Y/n) we need help. How far away are you from Fayis? We're on it's moon the getting attacked by cruisers!" He says.

I turn to our leader for the mission. "Te-osh! We need to make a stop!"

"We can't go into battle (Y/n)! We're rescuing prisoners!" She yells back.

I look around. "Bring backup when you can. Head to Fayis's moon!" I cry running off down the hall of the Galra ship. I make it into a room full of fighters. I quickly get in one and fly off. Hang on Antok...

KEITH'S POV

Shiro and I were making our way to the black lion, when the small fighters began to the shoot at them. The shot fires between me and Shiro and I am knocked back. "Keith!"

"I'm ok Shiro!" I call back. "Keep going. I'll help Kolivan!" I began to keep running when I see a fighter flying right at me. My body froze and I stare at it with wide eyes, to late to move. Behind the fighter another tails closely behind it. It fires. Blowing up the other one then pulls up just before hitting me. "What the hell..."

"That's (Y/n)." Antok says behind me. "Come on Red Paladin." He says before begin to head off. I look up to see the fighter turn around and attack others.

"Shiro!" I call. "See that fighter. Help them." I say.

"Ok." I watch as Shiro flys up next to the fighter, helping to protect them from getting shot.

The castle was back online now and the yellow, blue and green lion flew out. "Keith! Get to the castle so we can form Voltron!" Shiro yelled.

"Ok-" I begin but am interrupted by Shiro. "Shoot. Keith change of plans. They got that fighter." I look up and see the ship crashing into the rounds surface of the moon.

"On it!" I say using my jet pack to head there faster. As I approach I notice the smoke rising up from the crash site. Hurrying over I pull away a piece of metal too see a girl. A mask overs her mouth. The goggles that I assumed where on her eye had now fallen off. Her eyes were close and she had a wound one her head. Scanning her body, I spot blood oozing from her shoulder see a wound on her stomach and some scraps on her leg. Better be quick.

Carefully lifting her out of the ship she lets out a groan. "Stay still... I'm getting you out of here." She says nothing and falls back into unconsciousness.

In front of me, Antok signals me to come to there pod. It small, but just big enough to fit all of us.

Flying to the castle, I begin to feel anxious. I can feel the girl, (Y/n)'s blood on my hands as I hold her. "Can we go any faster?" I growl.

(Y/N)'S POV

The last thing I remembered was diving towards the ground. I tried to pull up the control, but it was no use. The only thing I could do was pray that I didn't die.

The ground grew closer and closer and I breath in. Shiro... Was my last thought, as always. I had came to space to find him, yet I hadn't. So I mustn't die now. Right?

BOOM! I hit the ground and everything fades out of view.

~~

I groan as I feel myself move, opening my eyes, my vision is at once consumed by light. As it disburses, a head comes into my line of sight. "Stay still..." They say in a calm voice. "I'm getting you out of here."

The pain in my body become to much as once again I am consumed into darkness. Stupid pain. Stupid darkness. Come on (Y/n) can't you not get hurt for once! I scold myself before my brain goes into a state of, nothing.