3- Unexpected Changes

"Police! Open the door!" Karma was awoken to the sounds of police shouts. "Wha...?" She was not fully awake. Then she heard her parents getting arrested. "No! Mom! Dad!" She ran to the living room. "Are you Karma Ashcroft?" One of the police asked. "Y-yes," Karma stuttered. "You parents are under arrest for the distribution of illegal drugs. Do you have a close friend or relative you can live with while they are awaiting trial?"
"I have a friend. H-hang on, let me call her." Karma pulled out her phone and dialed Amy's number. She knew it was four in the morning, but she knew her friend would answer. After three rings, and sleep Amy answered, "Karma?"
"Amy! So, can I come live with you for a bit? My parents just got arrested,"
"Of course! I can come pick you up, if you want," Karma looked over at the cop, and he nodded. "Okay. Can you come get me now? I-I'm scared."
"Of course!" Amy was already pulling pants on and grabbing her keys. Her mom and Lauren were sound sleepers, so she knew she wouldn't wake them. She also hoped her mom wouldn't mind, or at least understand. "I'm on my way. I'll see you in 10 minutes. Hang in there,"
"Okay. See you," Karma ended the call. The cops had already ushered her parents into the cop car, and we're getting ready to leave. "You gonna be alright, kid?" The cop she had talked to before asked, and she nodded. The policeman nodded and got into the car. They drove away in a flash of blue lights.
While she was waiting for Amy, Karma again thought about how much she cared for her. She had looked on the internet earlier about how to know if you really love someone, and she had gotten nothing. On Monday, she would have to talk to Shane.
Soon, Amy arrived, and Karma hastily got into the car. She knew she could've driven, but she was too freaked out to be sure she wouldn't lose control of the car and crash. "Thanks for coming and getting me and letting me stay with you,"
"No problem. Remember, I'll do anything for you. I-" Amy stopped herself. She had almost told Karma that she loved her. "What?" Karma looked at her curiously. "Uh, nothing." Karma looked at her hard then turned back to the road. "Okay."
When they arrived home, Amy's mom had woken up and was staring at them. "It's four am! Amy, I said id be more understanding, but this is over the line,"
"Look, mom, I'm sorry, but Karma's parents got arrested! She didn't have anywhere else to go! Please, mom," her moms face had changed from anger to sympathy. "Oh, Karma, honey, of course you can stay here! You can sleep in Amy's room, if you want. Just, don't do anything I wouldn't allow you to do with a boy,"
"Mom, we won't have sex!" Amy promised, the led Karma up the stairs to her bedroom. "Do you need something to sleep in?" Amy asked, and Karma nodded. Amy pulled out a loose shirt and some sweatpants and handed them to Karma. She accepted them, and turned around to change. Amy could help but look. Karma's body was so hot, she had to stare. As soon as her friend was changed, Amy quickly looked away. "So," she ventured, "come on, get into bed," Karma complied and soon they were laying in the bed facing each other. Karma had the overwhelming desire to kiss her, but she withheld because she was sure it would freak her out. 'Bad Karma' she mentally chastised herself. She knew it would never happen between the two of them. She didn't even know if she really loved Amy or not! She resolved she really had to talk to Shane, then closed her eyes in sleep. Amy watched her drift off before closing her eyes and doing the same.
The next morning, Karma woke up to Amy shaking her. "Get up, sleepyhead. Time for breakfast," Karma groaned, but got up and followed Amy downstairs. Lauren and Mrs. Rundenfeld were sitting at the table eating pancakes. The latter smiled brightly. "There's more pancakes in the kitchen, girls," Lauren simply glared and asked how come Amy got to have a friend live with her. Amy's mom intervened. "Karma is going through a difficult time. All of us-" she looked at Lauren-"are going to support her in this." Amy smirked at Lauren, then led Karma into the Kitchen to get breakfast.
"Thanks again for letting me stay with you," Karma hugged Amy. "Happy to have you. You know that,"
Amy hugged her back. "Now let's get breakfast,"

_________________________________________________________
What do you think? By the way, I really appreciate all the people who read this story. Thanks for the support!