5- The Queer and the Questioning

Uh. It was Monday. Monday meant school (AKA hell) and confronting Liam. What was she going to say? She hadn't spoken to him in two weeks because he had been on a trip, but now she wasn't sure if she even wanted him as her boyfriend. On the bright side, she would get to talk to Shane. Her feeling were so complicated, but she was sure he would find a way to simplify them. She rolled over and looked at Amy, who was still sleeping. She looked so peaceful and beautiful. Karma mentally shook her head. Before anything happens, she has to talk to Shane, she reminds herself. She looked at her phone and shot up quickly. School started in 30 minutes!
"Amy, get up!" Karma shook her friend, who looked up at her with groggy eyes. She pouted. "I don't wanna,"
"I would love to stay home too, trust me," she thought about Liam, "but we can't miss class. Sorry," Amy scowled and rolled over. She was not a morning person. She slowly rolled out of bed after Karma, and realized Karma didn't bring very many clothes.
"Karma? Do you want some clothes?" Karma looked at her small pile of clothes, all dirty.
"Yeah. That'd be nice," Amy picked out a set of clothes for her, and the ate a quick breakfast. After that, they ran out the door and into Amy's car. She started it quickly, and off to school they went.

About 15 minutes later they arrived at school, just on time. Karma immediately spotted Shane. She told Amy she had to ask him about the homework, she ran off, leaving behind a very confused Amy.
"Shane! Hey! I have to talk to you!"
"Is it about your precious boy toy? Because I can't help with straight issues,"
"No this is a...gay issue. Look, I think I love Amy, but I don't know if I do, how can I tell," the words all came out in a rush that left Shane with a shocked expression. "So your not driving stick anymore! I thought I'd never see the day."
"Shane! I told you, I don't know. You have to help me,"
"Okay buttercup, but just because this'll help Amy. Okay, in second period I'll give you a list of signs you love someone,"
"Thank you!" Karma gave him a quick hug, and then ran back to Amy. "I was right about the homework," then they walked into the building.
The two friend's lockers were across the hall from each other, so they walked together to their lockers. After grabbing their stuff, they went to their individual lockers. Karma couldn't wait until second period. She needed that list! She heard about zero that the teacher said. After the bell finally rang, she walked quickly to her second period class. She sat down next to Shane and looked at him. "I need the list,"
"Patience,young confused lesbian. I need a promise that if you do love Amy that you won't break her heart,"
"Of course I promise,"
"Okay," he handed her a list, which she eagerly opened. The top read:

'The Five Ways to Tell if You Love Someone'
By Shane Harvey
1. Do you miss them when they're gone? ___________________________________________
2. Do you often want to kiss them? ___________________________________________
3. Do you want to spend every minute with them? ___________________________________________
4. Do you often dream about them? ___________________________________________
5. Do you want to be on a couch watching Netflix with them right now? ___________________________________________

Karma smiled at the last one. Obviously Shane had written that last one just for her. She spent most of second period filling it out. Shane had told her to return it to him for scoring. After she was done, she flipped it over and groaned. It read:

'How to tell if you are a lesbian'
1. Do you think girls are hot?
2. Do you want to kiss a girl?
3. Do you want to date a girl?
And at the bottom it read:
'Or are you an Amysexual?'

For some reason, that part made her smile. Wow, she thought she'd never see the day when Shane Harvey made her smile.
After class, she turned the paper into him. He smirked at her when he saw that she had filled the back out also.
"Don't comment, Harvey." Karma said, before walking away quickly. Shane smirked after her. She made it to third period right on time. Amy was in this class, so Karma sat down next to her.
"What's up?" Amy questioned, turning to her.
"Nothing. I'm fine."
"Okay." The bell rang, and the teacher started talking so the two friends had to stop.

After class, Shane found Karma. "Here's your paper with your results. I graded it in third period. I have no clue what that class was about."
"Thanks Shane!" She looked at it. It was graded in bright red pen. It read:

'The Five Ways To Tell If You Love Someone'
By Shane Harvey
1. Do you miss them when they're gone? Karma's answer: Yes! I wish I was always with her. Shane's grade: +5/5
2. Do you often want to kiss them? Karma's answer: Yes. I like kissing Amy a lot. Her kisses are so sweet and gentle. Shane's grade: +5/5
3. Do you want to spend every minute with them? Karma's answer: Yea. I wish we had more classes together. I mean every single minute is a little excessive, but I love being with her. Shane's score: +4/5
4. Do you often dream about them? Karma's answer: A few times. Shane's score: +4/5
5. Do you want to be on a couch watching Netflix with them right now? Karma's answer: Yes. Duh. Shane's score: +5/5

Final score: 13/15
Result: Yes you love them. If not, you at least have a HUGE crush on them.

Backside:

'How To Tell If You Are A Lesbian'
1. Do you think girls are hot? Karma's answer: Not really. I think Amy is hot. Shane's score: 0/5
2. Do you want to kiss a girl? Karma's answer: I like kissing Amy. Shane's score: 0/5
3. Do you want to date a girl? Karma's answer: I want to date Amy. Shane's score: 0/5

Or are you a Amysexual? Karma's answer: I think so. Shane's score: This is what you are. 1000/5
Result: you are not a lesbian. You are an Amysexual.

Karma looked at Shane. "Thanks! You're a lifesaver!"
"You need to tell her how you feel, Karma. You know she loves you back, right?" Karma was shocked. "She does?"
"Yeah. Now go get your girl." He slapped her on the back as she walked briskly off to find Amy.