The Pickpocket

Lukas scanned the area, his gaze fixed on whatever giving off a glimpse of a shine, like gold, or simply coins.
He didn't like doing this. Stealing.
He knew very well that it was dangerous. He knew it could get him executed, killed.
But he had to do this. He needed the coins to survive.

So far today, he'd stolen a couple small bags, both filled with ten to fifteen coins. They were clattering as he moved, giving him a clear disadvantage.

Lucky for him, the market was still loud and noisy with other people, who would be walking around, shopping, unlike him. Oh how he wish he could just do that, without needing to steal. But life wasn't always fair, now was it?

While his thoughts were running wild, his gaze fixed upon a man's golden blonde locks. They were scattered everywhere, like a beautiful mess. Lukas' cheeks heated up, as he heard the blonde laugh loudly to who Lukas assumed was his friend. He had never heard such a wonderful laugh before.

Lukas lightly slapped his cheeks and shook his head, trying to focus on what he had been doing.
As he went on with inspecting the town, he noticed what he assumed was a coin bag, clattering, hanging from the blonde man's belt.

Deciding on if he should steal it or not, Lukas felt a pinch of fear and worry collecting in his stomach, like a rock. He took a deep breath, calming himself down. The sun had slowly started to set, and he felt a chilly breeze blow by, causing the hairs on his arms to raise up.

Slightly shivering, Lukas made his way over to the blonde and his friend, who had their backs turned against him. He let his gaze linger a bit, noticing the blonde man's figure. The strong arms, the fit form..

Unfocused, he reached his hand out to grab the bag of coins, not realising the streets had gotten awfully empty.

Just when he had the coin bag within his reach, he heard a yell from somewhere near them, triggering his fight or flight response.
"Thief!" The person had yelled, their index finger pointing straight at Lukas. As the blonde and his friend turned around in a haste, Lukas' backed away, looking around for a place to run. A place to hide.

The loud yell had caused a little commotion, grabbing the attention of a couple of guards who had been standing nearby.
As Lukas turned around, set determined on running, a strong hand grabbed around his own skinny, weak arm. A squeal left his lips, as he was pulled back by none other than the blonde man.
"I got him!" The blonde yelled, an angry tone sweeping through the air as his loud voice rang in Lukas' ears. He noticed the guards coming towards them, and as if he didn't want to run before, he definitely wanted to now.

Panicked, he started thrashing around, yet again gaining the attention of the blonde man holding him. "Let me go!" He cried out, to no use.
Just as Lukas was about to yell out again, a wave of pain spread across his face, making his vision blurry. The blonde's friend had punched him.

Before Lukas could even manage to collect his thoughts again, he felt yet another punch, followed by the sound of a crack. He was sure his nose was broken by now, and didn't even realise as the guards took him from the blonde, dragging him across the streets, towards none other place but the dungeons.