Music

Lukas wasn't sure how many days had passed since the dane had stormed away from him, at the lake that day.
He had actually waited around, occasionally falling asleep on the stone shore, but has Mathias never returned, Lukas decided on finding his own way back to the main road. Maybe he'd even find his horse, or Mathias' horse, if he was lucky.

He would be lying if he said he had a plan. The last few days he had been walking around, still in the middle of the forest, eating whatever little food he had on him while he fell off of the horse that one day.
'I miss Mathias,' he thought, thinking about the laughing dane. He had done the same, two days ago, thinking about Mathias like this. Back then he had been disgusted with himself, but now he was just feeling tired and couldn't care less. It wasn't as if anyone would hear his thoughts, anyways.

.

Mathias was following the main trail, hoping it would bring him somewhere. His stomach was growling, but he kept his cheerful expression, trying to keep himself in a happy state after what had.. happened.
It had been about a week, since Mathias had stormed off. He'd been counting.
He knew it had been a bad idea, and would fill his stomach up with regret every time he thought about it, but what had happened had happened, and could not be changed.

As his mind was deep in thought, Mathias hadn't realised he had walked off of the trail, and into the forest. Snapping out of his way of thoughts, he was sure he heard music in the distance. 'Where's that coming from?' He wondered, trying his best to follow it. It was a beautiful tune, not too strong or too soft, neither too sweet or too tragic. It was the most perfect music Mathias had ever heard.

He found himself following the sound as if it was a trail itself, going further and further off of the trail, and longer and longer into the deep, dark forest.

A/N
Hella short chapter today, I apologise!
I'm tired, and I'll try to get out a waay longer chapter by next week! Yet again, apologies!