Splitting up

Mathias woke up, the slight breeze from an open window making him shiver.
At first, he couldn't understand where he was, or why he wasn't in his old home with his brother, Berwald.
Sitting up, thoughts started to flood the Dane's mind with memories of last night. The dancing, the drinking, and Lukas..
He had worn such a beautiful smile yesterday, a smile that had made Mathias feel all warm and cozy. He hadn't even known the Norwegian would been capable of showing much emotion, if any at all.

Speaking of which, looking around, Mathias didn't spot Lukas anywhere. With a puzzled look on his face, the dane stood, quickly making his way over to the other's bed.
No one was there.
A pit of worry was filling in Mathias' stomach, as he quickly hurried to put his boots, pants and belt on.
Had he lost the Norwegian already?

.

The sun stood brightly already, giving off a golden glow to the norwegian's blonde locks. He sat by the horses, and felt the wind go by, as if time was non-existent.
Moments like these, were usually the few moments he could go without his mind racing. But not today. Today, his mind was filled with thoughts from last night. Regrets, from last night.
He wasn't going to lie and say, he didn't have fun then and there. It had been ages since the last time he had danced like that, laughed so much and smiled as well, his stomach felt like what could only be a gazillion butterflies.
But like he mentioned, it was then and there. 

A loud, high-pitched voice broke it's way through his road of thoughts, bringing his head back to earth, as they say.
"Lukas! There you are, I thought for a second you had left without m-" Mathias said, jogging over to the Norwegian.
"God Morgen, Mathias." Lukas cut him off.
He stood up, brushing dirt off of his pants, avoiding looking Mathias in the eyes.
Not taking notice of it, Mathias grinned widely. "You're right, it is a nice morning!" He laughed, and made his way over to their horses. Lukas sighed, and followed. This was going to be a hell of a long day.

Out on the road again, Mathias never seemed to shut up.
Lukas wasn't even listening, his head was knocking as it was going to explode. 'How much did we drink yesterday?' He thought, the night before nothing but a mere blur.
He didn't even notice as they entered the forest, and not long after, or maybe an hour, Lukas wasn't sure, he felt light-headed and dizzy.

"Lukas?" Mathias asked, noticing the smaller's behaviour. "Lukas, are you okay?"

"Hm..? Oh, yes, I'm fi-," Lukas didn't get to finish that sentence, before a black oblivion flooded his vision, and it felt like he was falling, before he went completely off.

"Lukas!" Mathias yelled, seeing as Lukas had fallen off his horse, who just happened to run away as soon as Lukas was off. 'Damn it!' He thought, but barely paid it any more thought before getting off his own horse and ran up to Lukas.

"Lukas? Lukas, wake up!" He shook the Norwegian's shoulders, hoping for a reaction.
He didn't get one.

Figuring there was nothing else to do, Mathias bent down and picked Lukas up Bridal-style, but as he turned around to get back on his horse, he noticed that his horse, too, had ran away. "Daggers.." He cursed, as he looked around, trying to figure out what to do.

He was in the middle of the forest, all alone, with an unconscious hangover man in his arms. What a situation.
After standing there in the middle of the path for mere seconds, Mathias started his way off the path, hoping to maybe find a lake or a pond, to throw some water at Lukas.
'Take care of Lukas first, figure out what to do after," He muttered.

.

After walking for what felt like an hour, Mathias found a broad lake, spreading as an opening from the massive trees that seemed to surround him everywhere. Lifting his motivation up, Mathias ran over to the lake, making sure not to drop Lukas. Stopping at the shore, he laid Lukas down, walking over to the water to get some water. He had seen people do this before, splashing water at passed-out people's faces to wake them. He just hoped it would work for him, too.

Collecting some water in his hands, Mathias turned to Lukas, and threw it all onto Lukas' face, only to notice he was already awake.

"What the Hell?!" Lukas shouted, drops dripping from his chin and down onto his clothes as he sat up.

"Lukas! You're awake! And.. wet!" Mathias exclaimed, seemingly trying to make Lukas think he had just not thrown water at his face like that.

"Yes, Yes, and obviously I am!" He yelled in response, pissed off by Mathias' current behaviour. "You don't just splash water at someone like that!"

Mathias giggled nervously, "Of course not! I was just trying to wake you up," He attempted to explain, but Lukas cut him off.

"You know what? Fuck this! I'm leaving, and I'm doing this on my own! Where is my horse?" He asked, standing up.

Mathias' eyes widened. "You can't do that! No one has ever lived through a meeting with the troll we're finding, and definitely not alone!"

"Mathias," Lukas said, his voice was stern. Serious. "Where. Is. My. Horse?" He asked again.

"Well.. you see.. it kind of, ran away, while you were out.." Mathias mumbled, making it impossible to hear what he was saying.

"What?" Lukas said, not hearing a word of what he'd said.

"It ran away!" Mathias shouted. "It ran away when you passed out!"

"It what?!" Lukas yelled. "Why didn't you stop it?!"

"Because I was concerned about you!"

"Concerned?! You should be even more concerned those horses ran away with our equipment and rations!" Lukas' eyes were fiery, and he sounded frustrated. 'Why was I sent on a mission with such a dumbass?' He wondered.

"Okay! Sorry I cared enough about you to carry you through a whole forest, for so to try and wake you, only to get yelled at!" Mathias yelled, and simply stormed off into the forest on his own.

Lukas stood there, dumbfounded for a few moments, before collecting his thoughts and letting their conversation sink in. 'Shit,' he thought. What was he going to do now?

Short update, I know, but ya'll know how Corona works and keeps us all busy.
That's totally my excuse even though I'm in quarantine.
I'll try to update more recent from now on
-Author