A visit

Mathias stepped down into the dungeon halls, following behind a guard. As he arrived by the boy who had robbed him's cell, he didn't see him at first. It wasn't before he noticed a movement in the corner of the cell, he realised anyone was even there. So there he was, the boy who had tried to rob him. He was curled up, hugging his knees tightly, and his face hidden behind his arms. It wasn't before the cell unlocked, that the boy looked up, to face Mathias.
At that very moment, Mathias swore he felt a shockwave go through him, and he saw on the boy's face that he had felt the same.

They stayed like that for a bit, eyes locked onto each other, before Mathias cleared his throat, and spoke up. "Hi, I'm Mathias," He said, and suddenly it was like the shockwave never happened.
"I'm Lukas," The boy who's name was apparently Lukas replied.
Looking closer, Mathias noticed that Lukas had been crying. He opened his mouth to ask why, but then thought to himself that he probably wasn't exactly in the right place to question that. Instead, he asked what he had came here to ask.
"Why did you try to steal from me?" He asked. It was a moment of silence before Lukas answered. "I need the money for my brother.. He's at home, with my friend Tino. Neither me or Tino are able to get a job, and my brother, Emil, is sick. So I was trying to be able to get more food for him.."

When he finished talking, the Dane was slightly shocked. He had no idea.
That's when he remembered how awfully skinny Lukas was, and he realised that, he wasn't skinny. He was starved.
Had he given his brother all his food?

"They have no idea that I'm here, either." Lukas added, filling the Dane up with even more Regret than before.
That's when Mathias decided.
"I'm going to talk to the guards, maybe I'll get them to let you out." He said.

Walking up to the guards, Mathias couldn't help but think about that shockwave feeling from earlier. What was it? He wondered, before he stopped in front of a guard to speak.
It was first then he realised.. how does one ask to let someone be released from a dungeon?
"What do you want?" The guard suddenly spat, getting impatient with the man in front of him. After a short second of quick thinking, the Dane asked, "I-I was wondering if you, could let the boy.. go?"
...
The room was filled with silence, as the guard simply stared at Mathias. Then be burst out laughing, leaving Mathias confusedly startled. "You really think I can just let him go, just like that?" The guard laughed. "If I were to do that, then you and the boy both would have to return with the princess from Dovrefjell. If you could do that, then he'd be allowed to go free," the guard joked. But Mathias decided to take it seriously, as he straightened his back and looked the guard straight in the eyes. "Okay then. We'll do it." He said, and the guard immediately stopped laughing. He, too, stared at the dane for a second, before questioning.
"..You're serious?" He asked, and Mathias nodded. "Hell yes I am."

After some discussion, the guard hurried to inform the king and grant his permission. In the meantime, Mathias went back to Lukas, deciding that if they were going to maybe die together, they should at least get to know each other better. Going into the cell, he sat down beside Lukas.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked, slightly nudging the Norwegian. Lukas looked back up at Mathias, having overheard his conversation with the guard. "Are we really going to look for the princess? I mean, I appreciate you wanting to get me out of here, but.. is it really that good of an idea?"
Mathias stared blankly at Lukas for a minute, before responding. "I mean.. it's that, or you get executed. And we wouldn't want that, now would we?" He grinned.
"..I guess not" was the only answer he got back. This was going to be a long day.