A dream

Usually Lukas wouldn't go along with stuff like this, but considering he was tired and actually did feel a lot warmer, he decided to let Mathias cuddle him, scooting a bit closer to the dane, feeling Mathias tighten his hold around Lukas ever so slightly.

It didn't take long before both fell asleep.

- - -

Everything was bright. Almost blindingly bright.
Lukas was walking down a road, and he wasn't sure where he was or what he was doing. He felt as light as a feather, walking along the side of the road, occasionally picking up dandelions that was spread all around him.

'Am I dreaming?' He thought, looking ahead of the road, not seeing anything else but a longer road, grass, and more dandelions.
Suddenly, under the blink of an eye, the road was gone. He was sitting in the shadows of a tree, in a big green grass field.

Lukas was about to sit up, when a not-so-unfamiliar-anymore voice shouted out from behind him.

"Lukas! Wait up!" The high-pitched dane yelled after him, running to catch up with him.
It took a moment before Lukas realised that, unlike a week before, he felt a sense of happiness as the Dane ran over to him.

"There you are! I was looking for you!" Mathias exclaimed, and Lukas flinched out of surprise as he hadn't even noticed the other man come closer.

"..Lukas? You okay?" Mathias asked, reaching out a hand and resting it on Lukas' shoulder.

Calming down, Lukas nodded. He was pretty sure this was a dream, so hopefully, he could do whatever he wanted, right?

He closed his eyes, resting his head in Mathias' hand, suddenly feeling tired and heavy. "I'm just tired.." He said, before slowly opening his eyes again.

Lukas flinched back, feeling as if his heart went out his throat.
The dane who had only seconds earlier been standing there with him, in a green, happy field, was gone. Instead, he was replaced with a corpse. His own corpse.

Lukas felt as he was going to puke, the field around him no longer seeming so happy. The grass was long dead, the skies were dark, and shadow-like creatures were whispering in the crook of the forest that surrounded the field.

'What happened?!' He wondered, looking around. A shiver went down his spine, when he felt the cold hand of, what he assumed was Mathias' corpse, putting its hands on Lukas' shoulders.

Lukas screamed, mostly out of shock than fear, and suddenly he felt his eyes open again.

He looked around, he was back in the cave. He was awake. "Thank god, it was just a dream.." He whispered to himself, and sat up.

It took him a moment to realise that Mathias was, in fact, no longer in the cave with him. The sun outside had just started to rise above the treetops, shining through the gaps between the roots that covered the cave entrance. 

'Where is he?' Lukas wondered, hurriedly standing up. He was about to leave the cave to go look for him, when none other than Mathias himself pushed himself through the cave entrance roots, and looked at Lukas. "Oh, hey! You're awake!" He exclaimed.

When he noticed how frightened Lukas looked, dried tears on his cheeks and red, puffy eyes, and a pale face, his smile soon turned to worry though. "Lukas? Are you alri-"

He was cut off, as Lukas ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Mathias was surprised, but hugged back, rubbing Lukas' back in a comforting manner.

None of them said a word after that. They just stood there, hugging, and Lukas felt as if he never wanted to move. He felt safe, and comforted. Something he hadn't felt in a long time.

In the end, it was Lukas who pulled away from the hug, anyways. He heard Mathias' stomach growl, and as if on cue, so did his own stomach.

"You got any more food in that scrip of yours?" Mathias asked, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, and smiling awkwardly

Despite his usual poker face, Lukas couldn't help but smile back at the dane, before he turned over to his scrip. "I might have another apple or two, but after that we'll have to find more food ourselves.." he said, as he picked up his scrip.

Mathias nodded, walking over to Lukas. "Got it," He replied, and his wide grin was back.

Searching through his scrip, Lukas let his thoughts wander a bit again. Maybe he could actually get used to the cheerful dane. And maybe, just maybe, this wouldn't be so bad.

A/N
This is 100% unedited, I just felt like I had to post something soon since it's been half a month