10

"Okay, So what happens to a person who has a near death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked looking at us, me issac Allison Lydia Scott and stiles were sitting around the table trying to get answers about what's happening to them "and is unable to tell what's real or not" stiles spoke I looked at him from across the table and gave him a sympathetic smile "and is being haunted by demonic versions of dead relatives?" Allison said "they're all locked up because they're insane" Issac said making me look at him and nudge his arm "ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles said in annoyance "for half of my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So being helpful is kind of a new thing for me" issac nodded looking at stiles, I felt bad for issac his father was really mean to him and he didn't deserve it at all he's a nice kid and would never mean to hurt you on purpose "hey, dude, are you still milking that?" Stiles spat making me sigh and rest my arm on the table with my hand holding up my head as Scott his arms on the table and out his head down "yeah, we are still milking that" Issac nodded "hi" a female voice said I took my eyes off of the two teenage boys having an argument and meet eyes with two pretty ones, it was Kira the new girl, I smiled at her and took my head off my hand turning my full attention to her "hi, sorry. I couldn't help but overhearing what you guys were talking about and I think I actually might know what you're talking about" Kira said nervously as we all turned our heads to her "there's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "bardo" it literally means in "between state" the state between life and death" she smiled slightly "and what do they call you?" Lydia rudely asked "Kira" Scott said the others turned their heads to Scott with confusion, I knew that he had a little crush on her so I wasn't confused but I guess the others are, I let out a slight chuckle "she's in our history class" I butted in so scott wouldn't look like he's a stalker or something "so are you talking bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asked "either, I guess. But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All of that happens in bardo" she said sitting down next to stiles "there are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities" she said making me raise my eyebrows impressed from how much she knew about this "wrathful deities? And what are those?" Issac asked rubbing his chin "like demons" Kira nodded "demons, why not" stiles raised his eyebrows and nodded looking at Scott, I bit the inside of my cheek feeling a bit nervous talking about it "hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison asked i looked at Kira as she spoke "death, you die" Kira shrugged making my heart sink and look down at my lap playing with my hands.

"It Sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you" deaton said as we walked into the animal clinic walking to the vet room "well, how do I tell my subconscious to use a language that I actually know?" Stiles asked, the other day in class Stiles said he fell asleep but he didn't, me and Scott watched him as he wrote down "wake up" several times on his piece of paper "do you remember what the sign Language looked like? The placement and the movement of the hands?" I asked stiles "you know sign language?" Scott asked as all three of them looked at me "uh, a bit yeah, my cousin was deaf so I learned a few things when I was a kid" I nodded looking at them "do you know any?" I asked looking at deaton "I know a little" he nodded looking at back stiles "let us give it a shot" deaton pointed to himself and me I was slightly caught off guard at the fact he wanted my help "okay, the first one was like this" stiles said holding up his finger and doing a circle around it with the other one "that's when" I said looking at his hands stiles looked up at me and so did deaton and Scott "oh, sorry" I apologised to deaton "no, go ahead" he said I nodded and payed attention to stiles hands "then... there was this, twice" he said making a door like motion "thats door" Deaton said looking at him "and there was this in between" he put his thumb up to his chin "that's it?" I asked with frowned eyebrows "yeah" stiles said softly "when is a door not a door?" I said in confusion looking up at deaton "when is a door not a door?" Stiles asked I'm guessing he was also very confused "when it's ajar" Scott spoke making us look at him "you're kidding me. A riddle? My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle" Stiles said slightly annoyed "not necessarily, when the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of superconsciousness.... you essentially opened a door in your mind" Deaton said making me swallow sharply "so what does that mean? The door's still open?" Scott asked "ajar" I said "a door into our minds?" Stiles asked I looked at his face and felt pure sadness his eyes were slightly glossed over, I feel bad for him because I know he's going through it the hardest but he just won't talk about it or tell us, stiles has never been the one to talk about himself constantly, he would rather suffer in silence than to talk out and get help, he makes sure everyone else is okay but never takes a break to step back and ask himself if he's okay, but that's the way stiles has always been, caring about other people's mental state more than his own "I did tell you it was risky" deaton spoke up "what do we do about it?" Scott asked "well, that's difficult to answer" deaton nodded with an unsure look on his face "oh, no, wait a second, I know that look, that's the "we know exactly what's wrong with you, and we have no idea how to fix it" look" stiles said slightly agitated "one thing I do know" Deaton nodded "is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good, you each need to close that door and you need to do it as soon as possible" Deaton spoke as I let out a sigh.

We walked out of the animal clinic and see a sheriffs car pull up, someone got out the car and it was mr stilinski "dad, what are you doing here?" Stiles asked "I'm here because I could use some help" he sighed "actually.... your help" he continued pointing to Scott "why me?" Scott asked "because eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident, one of the bodies, a young girl named malia, was never found, there's enough evidence to have me thinking that..." sheriff trailed off "that a werewolf could of caused the accident, and then dragged her body away" Noah said making me gasp slightly from shock "if you could even somehow get a lock on her scent, if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide this missing clue" mr stilinski said "but what if it was a werewolf?" Stiles asked "well, there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. Someone who till needs to be caught" he nodded as me and stiles looked at each other.